cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

biffoz
Journeyman III

Arc issue no sound hdmi RX580

I have an issue whereby arc sound and control is lost whenever the pc is connected to the tv through hdmi.
There is no sound passed at all.
I am using AMD RX580 GFX card.
I can obviously unplug the pc but I want to use it and for arc to work without using other methods such as optical.
Does anyone know any solution to stop this happening by doing some changes to the settings in windows 10?
I have heard buying a displayport 1.4 to hdmi adapter and using the displayport on the gfx card fixes the issue, however, I would not like to spend £34 to do so if another solution involving software is available?
I have tried different hdmi cables etc and trying all settings to the tv sound options, but to no avail.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
qwekqwek
Adept II

Use an HDMI CEC less adapter : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DL48KVI?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&pldnSite=1

I have this same problem with an RX 580 and with Nvidia GTX 970.  Some HDMI devices break the CEC / ARC on some TVs, so a solution would be to remove the cec functionality on that problem device.  The adapter I linked above removes cec by disconnecting pin 13 (HDMI cec signal pin).   

0 Likes