I'm looking for some guidance, and hopefully this is the right place. I'm concerned with my 3900X that i got about 4 months ago. Just never got around to addressing it until now.
Issue: at Idle it is around 50c, and while playing a game it's around 70c.
Ryzen 9 3900X
Asrock B450 Pro 4 (latest bios)
Corsair 3200 DDR4 XMP (32 gigs total)
Gigabyte 2060 OC
Corsair H115i RGB Pro (in front of the case with intake)
Antec 520 HGC
2 x 120 exhaust
Things i tried:
1) Installed the updated drivers from AMD for my 450 chipset (now see Ryzen settings in power options)
2) Manually set my clock speed to 4.2GHz on all cores at 1.25v (which brought the temps down, but COD crashed a bunch)
3) Installed newest of AMD Ryzen Master
4) Unfortunate i can't mount the radiator on the top of the case because the memory is in the way.
5) set the fans to performance mode
Right now it's currently at 4.2GHz at 1.4v (i left everything default) idling at 50c. The case seems to be a little warm by the power supply area. Maybe there isn't enough airflow?