cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yezuk
Journeyman III

LoadLibrary failed with error 126

I've done my research and tried copying lines such as atio6axx.dll and other variants but nothing worked. I'm simply trying to install AMD Radeon Software and I have tried uninstalling 3 times, installing it from a different source, etc. but nothing helps. What's the move here? All I wanted to do was to enable FreeSync. Is there any other way to do it since I can't even use the software?

6 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Please first refer to https://community.amd.com/thread/196211  and post the required information.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

By the way, I did another install from a different link and now I get the error 87. image

Laptop: HP Omen 15-en0300ng

Hardware: RTX 2060/AMD Radeon Graphics, Ryzen 7 4800H

Software: Laptop is 3 days old, so everything is new basically

get the same problem with my new laptop

Same problem.  brand new out of the box....  

DP
Journeyman III

This link is not leading me anywhere - I get an access denied message. I am frustrated because I bought my laptop specifically to use graphics programs, and both Photoshop and Clip Studio won't even open now.

0 Likes

I get this problem pretty often on my laptop (an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM from 2021) and even though it is very annoying and keep coming back it has been decently easy to fix each time it does.

In short what I do is

• Run the "AMD Cleanup Utility"
  • Install new AMD graphics drivers

Then run the "AMD Cleanup Utility" (https://www.amd.com/ko/support/kb/faq/gpu-601) will assist with rebooting in safe mode and then it starts the cleanup. When done it asks to reboot and when you get back in normal mode Windows install the drivers you want. Another reboot and the problems are gone... for a while at least - it does come back for me and pretty frequently. For that reason I have a folder prepared on my desktop with the AMD Cleanup Utility and some driver versions so I can fix it even when on the go and not online.

0 Likes