cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

misterxyz
Journeyman III

Radeon rx 5500 xt causes windows 10 boot loop

I install a Fresh Version of Windows 10 Downloaded and installed all updates for Windows Go to the AMD site and download the "Auto detect" program, this automatically Downloads and installs my graphics Drivers. While Installation, the screen turns black, Windows Restarts and from now on, it is stuck in a "boot loop" until automatic repair says that the error cannot be fixed...so Windows is broken. If i start in save mode, everything works. So which Driver is suitable, i do not want to re-install Windows 100 times

What I have tried so far:

1) different driver versions

2) install driver without the adrenalin software

3) installed all windows updates before installing the driver

4) installed zero windows updates before installing the driver.

The strange thing is that the card worked for about 2 months, and then started to cause the boot loop, maybe because of a update in the background. What is also strange is that I had no problems when I installed the card 2 months ago. So maybe something in windows update or the graphics card driver changed which now causes the problems 

I have no idea what to try next. The pc is brand new... And i cannot use it, this is frustrating

Any help is appreciated guys 

1 Solution

Fixed it. 

They replaced the card. Now it works like a charm

Seems some error in production. Since it is replaced, no problems at all

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
ernestrichards
Journeyman III

same issue, brand new build, worked with amd drivers for about 2 weeks, then boot loop. replaced most of the hardware (not the graphics card yet).

asrock x570M pro4

asrock radeon RX 5500 xt 8gb phantom gaming 

please tell me i just missed the install flag for "don't brick this system"

edit: system appears stable with the microsoft basic display adapter driver

0 Likes
gilbylionska
Adept I

samethings here, when im trying start the windows (without) RX 5500 XT its working, i tried launching windows with GPU on board, so its normal thats fine, when i try plugin the GPU card again, its stuck on loading screen again.

note : no need to unisntall your driver, problem is something wrong with RX 5500 XT

0 Likes

Fixed it. 

They replaced the card. Now it works like a charm

Seems some error in production. Since it is replaced, no problems at all

0 Likes
hugomv95
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, my graphic just has 3 months since i bought it.

Now see this post and I have been formatting to different versions of windows.

0 Likes
Qazxfy
Journeyman III

Same problem, the card worked for 3 months and suddenly about a week ago started to bootloop, and also when I tried installing the drivers on a fresh copy of windows the screen goes back and the system reboots, it goes into bootloop most of the times or it runs into a bsod.

0 Likes

Did u found any fix/solution? 

0 Likes

Hello, Did u found any solution or fix? Glad if u could share. Thanks

0 Likes

It’s an hardware problem, i sent back the card and got a refund. 

0 Likes