cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ladderface
Adept I

RMA form not working

Hello, I am trying to submit an RMA for my Ryzen 3 3200g, but when I type in the serial number I get the error 

Please enter valid serial number format

This is the serial number I am using:

9HX5895000326

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Check to see if your Ryzen 3 3200g is a OEM/Tray Processor or a Retail Box Processor?

If it has the following part number :

that I have highlighted then it is a OEM/TRAY processor and not covered by AMD Warranty. The Vendor or whoever you purchased the Processor is the one that Warranties your processor.

The Part number is on the Processor itself including the Serial Number.

0 Likes
ladderface
Adept I

It is a retail.  The part number is YD3200C5FHBOX

0 Likes

Okay you have a Retail Processor in Box (PIB) which has a 3 year AMD Warranty. BUT AMD Warranty starts when your Retailer's Warranty expires.

Here is AMD Warranty (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form ) on how to locate the Information you need to fill out the AMD Warranty Request:

If you filled out the form correctly unless you inputted the wrong S/N or your processor is a fake it should have accepted your S/N being valid.

Did you get the information directly from the surface of the Processor or from the Retail box by any chance?

0 Likes
ladderface
Adept I

Ur website isn't saying its fake.  It is saying that the serial number format is wrong.  I got this from Newegg so I know it is not a fake.   I got the information from the surface of the processor and the retail box.  They match.   It is past the return period at Newegg so I have to manufacturer RMA this.

ladderface
Adept I

I figured it out from another post.   The problem was with the serial number 9HX5895000326.  It should have been 9HX5895O00326.  They printed the O to look like a zero.