cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

forddawg0g
Journeyman III

Are there any upgrades to the Radeon R4?

boxcar35

Sep 10, 2020, 14:06 PDT

Chat started: 2020-09-10 09:01 PM UTC

(09:01:04 PM) boxcar35: I am encountering Ticket Authentication Failure notice. Then I get Failed System Specs Check notice. I chose to use lowered settings to run Star Trek Online. This started last night when I logged into STO on 9/9/20. The game was super slow and choppy, like it displaying one (1) screen out of every ten. I will attach screenshot of notice and forward other info as soon as I can. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 15, 3565 series with an AMD A6 7th Gen processor and AMDRadeon R4 graphics. Can you Help me, please?

3 Replies

Need more information on your laptop like EXACT Dell Make & model (Serial Number if possible) plus Make & Model of both APU and Discrete GPU. Plus Windows version and AMD driver version installed.

If you have an APU with R4 AMD Processor you just need to download the APU Graphic driver which will install both the Integrated and discrete GPU drivers for your laptop.

BUT it is best to use Dell's own AMD Graphics driver( if about the same year) since it is 100% compatible and uses all of your laptop features whereas AMD generic driver is not 100% compatible but will work normally and most likely not show the exact GPUs you have installed but will still be compatible to use.

Go here and look up your APU and download the Graphic driver you need: https://www.amd.com/en/support 

The A6 Laptop APU seems to be the only ones with R4 Graphics but possibly some newer APU may also have R4 graphics. Need to find out the exact APU you have installed.

EDIT: All the AMD Graphic Drivers for all the A6 APU are the same and the latest. So you can use any of the three to download your AMD driver.

I went to AMD drivers and support and used the auto-detect and install download button. Since I had a AMD A6 7th Gen in a Dell Inspiron 15 3565; I chose the general AMD selection and then the 3000 series. Everything went smoothly with the uninstall and the update took a few minutes, then the reinstall also went smoothly and my drivers were updated and reinstalled to default. I’ve been running and testing for a couple of days now. I run a little slow in the latest STO event but every thing else runs just fine. Problem solved for me. Hope this helps someone.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes