cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

snain
Adept I

In-game fps drop and AMD software crash in VRam OCCT RX 5500 XT test

Hello, I just changed my graphics card and, for the last two days, I have encountered several bugs:

-Fps drops from 5 to 15 fps for 30sec every 5/10 minutes when playing games
like Apex Legend or Space Enginer.

-AMD Radeon Software crashes when I run an OCCT VRAM test.
I have all the other tests available on OCCT but none of the others crash.
-When I came back after leaving my pc on the road for 30min,
my main screen connected via HDMI went from black to crackling black and white.

MSI B150 Gaming M3
Intel Core i5-6500
AMD RX 5500-XTOC 8 GB ASRock
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2133 C13 2x4GB
240 GB Maxtor Z1 SSD
2 HDD of 1 TB
One screen switches from VGA to DisplayPort and the other is HDMI
0 Likes
13 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Using a converter adapter with a monitor can cause problems. I suggest you test your system using only the HDMI monitor.

0 Likes

Hi, I just sent an email to OCCT author about OCCT's vRAM Test. I find it hard to believe that so many RX 5xxx series cards are failing that specific test.

I asked the author to look into the matter and see if the results are valid or not.

Try using Furmark's Fuzzy Donut which puts a very heavy stress on the GPU card and see if it crashes or develops artifiacts (weird colors or lines or pixels shapes).  I read that Furmark's was the best Stress test to check if a GPU card is going bad or not.

0 Likes

I tried this test and here are the results:
My graphics card processor goes from 1200 MHz to 200MHz when it reaches 89 ° c and I go to 5 fps these times.Screenshot_20200914-183210.jpg

0 Likes

I think my graphics card hangs at a certain temperature to cool down but I haven't found anything on the internet talking about temperature security

0 Likes

Found this report at TechPowerUP showing the ASRock GPU temperatures: ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT Phantom Gaming OC 8 GB Review | TechPowerUp 

Seems like if your temps are going over 70C that you either have poor air circulation in your computer case or something is obstructing the GPU Fans air flow or the fans are dirty or the fans are not running at maximum RPM or speed when the temps goes above 70C.

Remove one side panel where the GPU card is located and see if the Temperatures are lower when gaming.

0 Likes

maybe that's it because when I'm idle I stay at 55/60 ° C but I just changed the speed of the fans which were stuck at 52% in amd readon software

tomorrow i will test my card in another pc to see if it change

0 Likes
wasago
Adept II

Hmm im geting vram errors too in occt like 8 errors after 30 min test rx 5600xt sapphire. And geting hardvare error live kernel 141:( 

0 Likes

I am waiting for the author of OCCT to email me back to see if OCCT is giving out bad results with that specific vRAM Test.  If he should reply I will post it here.

Normally when RAM Memory is tested, the test inputs certain data to the RAM and see if the same certain data output is the same as the input. If it isn't then it registers an error. But checking vRAM in a GPU card probably uses a different way of testing. Hopefully the author of OCCT will explain in his reply if he does reply.

0 Likes

my.PNG

This is the result for me. I have used an AMD Polaris for a long time and I observed that HWINFO64 encountered video memory errors even though I was very sure that my card was working stably. I don't think this VRAM test is of great importance. But I don't know how GPUs base and turbo clock speeds are calculated. I can say this because when I did not use the ROG RX480 with 1266Mhz turbo speed, ie without the factory OC, the possibility of failure increased after a point. 

0 Likes

Just got an answer from OCCT Author here is what he wrote to me. OCCT is giving out false data with certain AMD Drivers as per below:

So anyone using AMD Driver version above 20.4.2 will be getting vRAM failure from OCCT vRAM Test.

This is when i came back and it flash like this and blackScreenshot_20200915-200325.jpg

0 Likes
snain
Adept I

Ok a New problem:

This is the 10 time that I have this bluescreen.

I try all I can with my drivers but it don't work

IMG_20200924_194718.jpg

0 Likes