cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Is there any motherboard which will handle A Ryzen 5 3600 with windows 8?

New gaming PC has R5 3600 semi working on windows 8 (temp) on ASUS X570 gaming-E mobo. Probably have to goto W10 but first NEED : driver to work for M.2 (BIOS sees it, OS doesn't) NEED: OS to see Network Controller (so I can upgrade)

PROBLEM: Mobo too new and older Mobo X470 support windows 7 (not sure about W8) X370 Mobos support 7 and 8. and the R5 3600 works on this  it seems but thats just not right .

Any solutions how to get this PC breathing sweetly?

(NB I have no good internet so big downloads I use family internet far journey by horseback, take many moons)

14 Replies

Problem you have is that your Motherboard isn't compatible with Windows 8 since there are no Windows 8 drivers to download from Asus Support for your motherboard.

You might want to let Windows Update install all those drivers that you are having problems with and see if it installs a compatible Windows 8 driver or open a Asus Support ticket or Chat and see which drivers you can use with Windows 8 OS installed.

AMD CHIPSET has no Windows 8 drivers only Windows 10 drivers.

0 Likes

Did find some drivers on W8 that are working on the Motherboard but the network drivers are the road block to getting on line to update the normal way. only 2 things not working is network controller and M.2, so its not all that gloomy. thanks for the info 

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Windows 8 and 8.1 are dead,Microsoft dropped support for both,update to Windows 10.

0 Likes

Use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to prepare an ISO or USB drive of Windows 10 from another computer, that's your best option.

0 Likes

thanks I'll be trying that tomorrow. you know if theres a current 8Pro to 8.1Pro upgrade out there?. Tried one  but it didn't like the key. Was the N version excluding Media and IE, could be the reason.

0 Likes

Microsoft stopped taking Windows 7 and 8 keys a while back when their free upgrade period ended.

0 Likes

I still use the Windows 7 keys all the time. Just used one 2 weeks ago, and that was the 3rd one in the course of a couple weeks. They work fine still. They said they were but they still are not blocking them. They just don't acknowledge it works. 

Also if you do have issues for some reason you just call Microsoft and tell them you had Windows 10 on there that was an upgrade from 7 and had to reload do to hard drive failure and they will typically get you activated no problem. 

I have very rarely had to do that but when I have its been easy. 

0 Likes

Good to know, I've read that some work and some don't, maybe it depends on OEM vs Retail vs version.

0 Likes

I have used both recently. The last one was an OEM. The prior was retail upgrade. The prior to that an OEM. 

0 Likes

I should add that most the time when they don't work it is because likely it has been used already in the past 90 days. They reset the activation checker after a while to let the same keys work again. Keep them from being bombarded with support calls. This is usually easily fixed with a phone call and a story of my hard drive died and I was running Windows 10 that had been upgraded from this Win 7 key a couple years ago. 

0 Likes

Found a YT channel by the name of Silence Tech & Travel who has quite a few tricks up his sleeve. I'm hoping 7 and 8 have enough things in common, so I'll be trying this this week, sorry windows 10, not quite yet (elol).

[UPDATE]  Upgraded from 8-Pro to 8.1-Pro  last night. re-learning yet another desktop layout :O

0 Likes

8.1 is also Not supported anymore

Neither does my XP version but hell, that machine boots up in 15 seconds , shuts down in 8 and thats on Spinning Rust. If only I could get it onto NVMe. I may just take the bullet due to I'll be dead soon and want this up and running with games before then.

0 Likes