cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bigbuck21
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3600 Overheats upto 95°C on heavy loads like FarCry5

It's been 2 weeks since my first ever build and my Ryzen 5 3600 already overheats like hell on the stock cooler. On idle the temperatures fluctuate anywhere between 46°c - 67°c. While playing games like FarCry 5 or Hitman the temperatures are always above 90°c and remain constant at 95°c. To my best knowledge the idle temperatures for the R5 should be around/lower than 30°c and 80°c-88°c on heavy loads.

No, I have not overclocked it but have been using the stock cooler since day 1. Although the stock cooler is kinda S*ity I know these aren't the HIGH temperatures it should provide at least on idle. The idle Voltage is between 0.990V - 1.12V.

The air circulation of the case doesn't seem much of an issue as even if I open the side panel and literally keep a Standing fan blowing air on the motherboard, the temperatures aren't affected at all. 

I've read many pages regarding this issue but haven't found any tip that works. I have also replaced the pre-applied thermal compound with Noctua NT-H1 and there's not even a slight difference. Should I buy a new cooler or wait for some time as one of my friends suggested that the Thermal compound takes a few days to settle?

All the temperatures were measured on AMD Ryzen Master

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 Super

Thermaltake 650W
Thermaltake 16gb(8+8) RAM
Gigabyte B550 Gaming X Motherboard

0 Likes
1 Reply

Attach screenshots inline of Ryzen Master showing these temperatures.

0 Likes