cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

riftseeker
Journeyman III

Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ 5700 xt black screen crash

Hello, I have been having an issue whenever gaming under slightly heavy gaming conditions that both of my monitors will go black and the screen will just freeze. I have to restart through the PSU switch in the back. I have just about tried everything, the Reliability History and Event Viewers do not offer much in terms of finding what is happening. I have reinstalled windows, updated drivers, replaced PSU, scrolled through forums and forums but I am stuck. This has been constant ever since 20.4.x

Specs:

Intel i5-9600k

Gigabyte Z370 HD3

2 x 8 GB DDR4 2400

Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ 5700 xt

Radeon Software 20.8.3 

0 Likes
4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

It is very difficult to tell the cause of the problem with the information you have provided. Share your PSU and monitors info. Indicate which display ports you are using. Indicate if the problem is solved when you use a single monitor. You have an OC supported system. Have you done CPU-OC...

0 Likes

I have an EVGA 750w Gold GA Series

Acer XG270HU as the main monitor and plugged in via DisplayPort 

Insignia NS-20EM50A13 as secondary monitor plugged in via DVI to Displayport converter

The CPU is overclocked through the Intel Turbo boost settings. It's done automatically, could that be the issue?

Yes it happens when just my main monitor is plugged in

0 Likes

Reset the BIOS to the factory settings and un-plug the monitor you are using with a converter adapter for a while. Try to find out what is the cause of the problem.

0 Likes

Have you both tried to see if by changing the BIOS Switch setting helps any in your BSODs and restart loops: https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8g-gddr6 

The Sapphire RX5700XT has a physical small BIOS Switch where you can change the BIOS version on the card. See if any of the 3 positions helps in fixing your issues.

0 Likes