cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rawintellect
Miniboss

Custom gaming tuning performance profiles not saving: FIXED!!!!!!!!

Follow this procedure to fix the issue of game profiles not saving between reboots. Keep in mind that the custom
profile will be reset if your PC BSODs or black screens or if you uninstall the driver entirely. This is by design.
I recommend saving your custom profiles to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\AMD\CN once you've created them to
quickly recover from resets. A reinstall using factory reset or using DDU will result in having to do this again.

But following these steps will insure your game profiles WILL survive reboots now.
As it was supposed to do.

1. Open file explorer and navigate to C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\APL
2. Right click on User.blb.
3. Click properties.
4. Click the security tab.
5. Click Advanced.
6. Click Add.
7. Click "Select a principal"
8. Type "Everyone" (no quotes)  in the box.
9. Click the Check Names button. EVERYONE should appear underlined.
10. Click ok.
11. Check the box labeled "full control" all other boxes should also check automatically.
12. Click ok to close the box.
13. Click apply.
14. Click ok again to close the box.
15. Click ok to close the final box.
16. Done.

Note: If you are STILL seeing the profiles delete upon reboot, instead of adding them from the list click the plus sign and manually add the profile. The list uses the game profiles that were discovered by the initial scan that is performed upon the installation of the driver and some of these (steam games mostly) seem to not have the permissions required to actually write to the User.blb file. This is solved by manually adding them via the plus sign as noted in the image below.

pastedImage_1.png

AMD this is just lazy coding.

This is a permissions issue that should have been solved at the installation level. I have shown you what is wrong.
This is why I'm seriously considering jumping to NVIDIA. I do not make this choice lightly. I've been building computers since 1982 when I was 12. I've been in the professional IT field (mainframe and distributed) for over 28 years. I'm willing to pay $1500 for a video card that simply works.

I have never seen this level of lack of care and/or professionalism in my life from an IT company. It seems your software
developers simply do not care about fixing even the most basic issues and this makes the front facing line of your products (video cards) seem inferior to your competitors.

2 Replies
repharaoh
Journeyman III

Thanks.

Too bad AMD is too dumb to read this.

0 Likes
Dodo11
Journeyman III

Thank you, it worked for me!

0 Likes