cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

floodedburrito
Journeyman III

kernel 41

recently my pc has been crashing when playing games.black screen and pc restarts. tried alot of troubleshooting from the game and Microsoft.

i was told kernel power error was a cpu problem, but the way i read it i thought it was a psu problem.

can you shed some light on this?

specs:

ryzen 5 3600

asus tuf b450

asus tuf rx5700 oc

32 gb of 2400

corsair cx750 psu

0 Likes
2 Replies
floodedburrito
Journeyman III

update, i was able to get the games up any running by swapping drives. i had my os on a 250gb ssd, games on a 2tb hdd, i moved a few games over to a 500gb ssd and have not had any issues yet. i am wondering if that was the cause of the problem or just a coincidence?

0 Likes

That is a normal error when a Windows computer is shutdown improperly by not going through Windows itself to turn off the computer.

You need to look under the Event Viewer category "Errors" to see which driver or device is indicated as causing your problem.

If the computer is shutting down by itself as though you pressed the On/Off or Restart switch on your computer case that generally indicates you have either a Overheating, Overclocking, Power issue, Defective or incompatible hardware, or incompatible driver causing your computer to shut down suddenly.

Please post your computer information to be able to assist you better.

0 Likes