cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bluegoon
Adept I

Please take my RX 5600 XT back...

Please just take this nightmare, it's the worst GPU I have ever owned in my life.  The input lag is frustrating and makes me sad, knowing how much I spent on this awful thing with its awful software.

"Enhanced Sync" just makes everything an inconsistent mess.

I will never complain about NVIDIA again so long as I live, this was the single biggest PC purchase mistake I've ever made.

I have a normal 60Hz LG IPs 1080p monitor, like most people do, I did not know it's a requirement to have a "FreeSync" monitor, otherwise your experience will be terrible.  Had I known this, I would never have made the mistake of buying this awful thing.  The least you people could have done is warn customers by placing a label on the box.

You legitimately made me depressed.

0 Likes
4 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

It would be better to choose a monitor with 144 or higher refresh with DP support, not just FreeSync. You may also need to use Chill (or in-game vsync) for a smooth gaming experience. For nVidia GPUs, using vsync with the control panel generally provides a better experience.

0 Likes

The graphics are okay, the problem is the terrible input lag.  There's no way to have normal input response without disabling Vsync, which has awful screen tearing.

I don't want to buy a new expensive monitor, I want to use the one I have, which is 1080p, HDMI, 60Hz.  This graphics card cost me more than a PS4, but it's absolutely useless in comparison at 1080p 60hz in terms of input lag, nowhere on the box does it say you have to have a freesync / dp monitor or the experience will be awful.

I must be the only one with a 1080p HDMI 60hz monitor, because the only response I get online is "Just throw more money at it, bro"

I don't think the people who make Radeon cards do much testing with 1080p 60hz displays, because I'm sure they wouldn't buy their own products if they had. 

0 Likes

Input lag issue varies from game to game. It even varies from monitor to monitor. Using Vsync increases input lag. Using FreeSync also increases input lag. Using G-Sync also increases input lag. nVidia vsync also increases input lag. A 144 hertz good monitor with 10-20ms input lag is required for good experience. You don't know, or have experienced, the difference between the two hardware. As a former AMD user I can write about the badsides. But this issue is nothing like that.

0 Likes
assiduous
Adept III

While i sympathize with your apparent poor experience, Enhanced Sync may not be your problem. Inconsistent mess sounds like stutter may be involved. Yes VSYNC causes input lag - Enhanced Sync was made to address this and give the same visual result. For me Enhanced Sync in combination with FRTC is required to completely eliminate tearing and stutter and minimise input lag and this works very well in my experience. When AMD removed FRTC from the driver settings back in 19.12.2, stuttering emerged for people such as ourselves on 60Hz screens - there are hacks to get it back (yes we shouldn't have to do this). The other bit to check Is that your PC is delivering a steady a 60fps to the monitor.

0 Likes