cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

vitaliiy
Journeyman III

Good afternoon, few questions are about parallel calculations on GPU for AMD for such libraries on python as sclearn and Prophet ), what libraries can you advise for the implementation of parallel calculations on AMD. What benefits and disadvantages can

Good afternoon, few questions are about parallel calculations on GPU for AMD for such  libraries  on python as sclearn and Prophet ), what libraries can you advise for the implementation of parallel calculations on AMD. What benefits and disadvantages can be when using windows or linux and which of this is more sharpened for amd video cards or any other advices

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can tell you is that intel CPU's are about 15 years old and say in big banner 10th generation on intels website. nvidia cards are basically similar ancient trash. Every one of their new features like RTX or DLSS is actually 30-50 year old AMD patented tech thats changed its licencing or such a lousy poor implementation hack job pathetic imitation knock off of it that you cant even consider suing them over it. 15 years or more ago.. there was 16bit DOS.. then with windows xp they stacked DOS on top of DOS to make a stacked false 32bit memory window. After windows vista and onwards they were trying to move away from 16bit DOS garbage. But it wasnt until windows 10 and its directx 12 that you could have proper 64bit multi GPU and multi CPU software at the OS level and use modern programming languages from AFTER the year 2000 which will be parallel and multi GPU and multi CPU automatically at the compiler level. 

Basically if you can run windows XP or windows 98 and somehow get the software to work or you can force drivers to run with unsigned driver mode and a few tweaks and hacks it means its fake Bu11Sh1t pretend software and has no business ever running on windows 10 and isnt the AMD hardwares stated "dx 12 or vulkan" modern graphics cards are 128bit or even 256bit i believe. As far as I know python code was around in the 90's and probably runs on windows 98 or XP. Windows 7 is over 10 years old and has been discontinued long ago its no longer for sale and its not supported by microsoft at all unless you have specific hardware with the OS built into it like massive electronic banking systems or billboard signs thats expensive to replace or upgrade as to get further security patches and updates to windows 7 you must pay truckloads of money to get them to give you special custom service and support program tailored to you individually as a business support client. 

TLDR try running modern programming languages and modern API's on modern PC hardware. maybe RUST and VULKAN paired? i dunno but whatever programming language you're learning at least python isnt 80's n 90's C++ garbage *puke* every game and application needs C++ redistributables decades after the single GPU single CPU C++ garbage was supposed to be in the grave.. do you know how long ago the military stopped using C++?  They all insist on running garbage obsolete DOS rubbish on modern gaming PC's so you wont notice how fake and cheap and nasty intel and nvidia hardware are.

Hmm it might help if i said VHS was old cheap nasty garbage bin tech compared to Sony's beta max cassette tapes and players. Believe it or not but the tapes themselves could be made using magnesium chromium something something alloy metal tapes that were expensive but super high quality. Metal tapes and things like that existed and in the late 80's Japanese TV was broadcast at 1100i (4:3 anamorphic) with sony TVs so you could view and playback in beta quality which is slightly higher that 1080p we have today i believe for the vertical anyway. Well criminals made fake cheap knockoff garbage bin tech VHS players and filmed 1ll3gal Pr0N and had celebrity look alikes or actual celebs or things that werent legal and they just left crates of cheap $2 ferrousoxide whatever cheap nasty iron tape the cheapest kind of tape possible laying around with heaps of dubbed/p1r4ted movies like d1sney or whatever and people would pick up this cheap garbage and say man i gotta run out and get a cheap nasty player to play this thing back. So you could buy blank cassettes of cheap VHS for like $2 or whatever and record anything cheap in low quality on VHS. compared to buying legit tapes of high quality on beta format. Sony and proper legit businesses like disney took a hard stance against adult content and piracy but everywhere except maybe japan got flooded with VHS tapes and players in no time. Nail in the coffin was everyones TV's and hardware wasnt good enough to show off the quality difference clearly like you would say an 8k tv with HDR compared with a 1080p or old 320p display or even dvd 480p. So uhh they even maybe made a bunch of fake beta cassettes and sold them cheap in other countries so maybe people never actually saw a beta casette in their lives but thought they had and that it wasnt great compared to VHS. Anyway the whole point of this long rant is intel and nvidia are trying to be the VHS to AMD's beta player systems. So get an AMD computer and learn what DOS is and what windows 10 means or at least use the most modern language you can and pair it with VULKAN API. You could use mozilla RUST then use VULKAN with it. As long as you use something modern with VULKAN (if on mobile or ARM or tablets or on PC or on MAC or linux) your AMD computer may start to actually somewhat function. alternatively you can use googles Dhart or microsoft C# and pair with DX12 API or vulkan API.

0 Likes

eccentric wrote:

Every one of their new features like RTX or DLSS is actually 30-50 year old AMD patented tech thats changed its licencing or such a lousy poor implementation hack job pathetic imitation knock off of it that you cant even consider suing them over it.

Ok, I will bite. Show me that 50 year old patent.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMD and cray super computer company developed deep leaning convoluted neural networks something on a project together in either 79 or was it 97 uncertain as wikipedia and online sources seem varied and contradicting, they invented new tech/methods of it which was later an open source project very recently.. around the same time it was open sourced nvidia got some university students to use and pretend to modify the open source projects as a university assignment so after an hour or 2 of pretending then about a few weeks of training the AI they submit to university so it becomes university property then Nvidia purchased off university for peanuts.. in this way open source software that normally requires to pay for licence or fees to the creator for use in business/commercial profitable projects can be used commercially at no costs or without risk of legal issues from AMD. one such example of a university student assignment built using AMD's open source deep learning convoluted neural network code is "waifu2x" which is literally what DLSS for all intents and purposes is but its been renamed i wouldnt be surprised if that was the exact students homework assignment sold to nvidia. original Deep learning neural networks that werent designed by AMD and cray had existed since 50's and 60's though they were different and werent the super resolution/convoluted ones with specific features of functionality introduced by AMD's software methods.

AMD developed overlay technology in the 70's and it was then later open sourced and made available and people developed reshade software and all sorts of screen display and capture tech based on it. Once AMD developed their own fidelity fx for their drivers and GPU's they made it publicly available and open sourced too so nvidia took it tweaked it a little and called it finefx or some different thing and claimed they did it better. But nvidia are just a bunch of clueless noob morons who only exist to cut costs and fake benchmarks and software tricks throughout the entire company existence of recorded history.. even nvidia's founding is questionable. Rasterization and ray tracing have existed for a very long time.. 80's code books have 2d ray collision exercises in them. AMD's pro render and other rendering techniques have been around a long time as basically in the 60's AMD was a sort of military and private sector effort to meet the national and global demand to bring a bunch of super computing engineers and designers from many different famous companies like IBM to assemble their own dream team. They actually probably each took with them existing patents and technologies they held themselves as they were all industry giants from IBM and texas instruments and other companies who had to create their own business to shrink micron sizes and maybe bring existing high cost technology down in prices. 

Advanced micro devices has been around decades longer and with more supercomputing and military contracts/experience and technology.. piles and piles of technology with only the smartest people of our time in their employ.. Their company spokes person and CEO is a mathematician, all the worlds most advanced and complex and not publicly listed super computing projects usually involved them.. the company ARM is no longer financially viable simply because AMD exist and their technology is too advanced for them to even compete because although ARM are budget barebones basic limited performance CPU's designed to use less power (think old intel Celerons) so they can shrink down easily in micron size and are suitable for use in mobile phones.. once you go below 10nm the physics changes and they just cant shrink or use the benefits the ARM processors previously brought to the table at all.. mobile phones Qualcomm snapdragons have AMD graphics in them "adreno" (read:radeon imageon engine) and were able to shrink down to 7nm precisely because they developed it together with AMD who shared fabrication methods and design that can reach 7nm. AMD also advised and shrunk the kirin 980 mobile phone processor from hisilicon in the chinese markets huawei phones. nvidia and intel cant shrink.. they arent a tech company and they dont specialize in "ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES" field of shrinking technology to the extreme.. about 15 years ago AMD announced infinity fabric.. which means their CPU's can scale to ANY SIZE. meaning like 0nm or as large as needed which is why it was called infinity fabric it can get infinitely small i'm guessing its probably amazing stuff and its been in ryzen CPU's all this time.. Intels CPU design architecture is called a "ring bus" architecture.. do you even know what part of your body has a bus connected to a ring for transporting material in it? They're announcing their hardwares rubbish intentionally themselves.. intels latest 10th gen of CPU's is 15 years old nowadays and thats how long AMD's been at 0nm .. and intel cant even shrink to 10nm. Go learn what a computer looks like.

0 Likes

Interesting question.

Please confirm you are talking about:

scikit-learn: machine learning in Python — scikit-learn 0.23.2 documentation

https://machinelearningmastery.com/time-series-forecasting-with-prophet-in-python/ 

You probably want to take a look here: https://developer.amd.com/ 
There are some new resources about AMD GPU compute there.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the uninformed who cant understand the meanings of the words I wrote.. they can only make mouth sounds that sound similar to words but have no meaning when they see letters on the screen. I will educate you.

Python was created in C and was released in 1991.. Its a single CPU and single GPU environment. THIS IS FACT because its created with C. MANY MANY projects and many many people waste YEARS of the lives trying to 'optimize' C or C++ garbage and pretend its a modern programming language environment and use all these old obsolete API's and try to get them to FAKE being a modern programming language to some degree or extent instead of just you know USING A MODERN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE AND API from the beginning not have to learn or optimize all this obsolete dated rubbish thats slow as a dog and intended for penitum 3's and i7's and i9's or nvidia cards... they could actually use modern software or run some honest to god super computer programming langauges and API's and run them on their home computer.. Look up mozilla's "Rust" Learn why its called "rust" look at its features and functions and felixbility what it can do where other languages cant especially not garbage from the 80's and 90's stacked on top of one another in a huge layer cake of brown excrement with countless years of "optimizations" its a sick joke. Look up VULKAN.. how its built up on AMD's MANTLE by KHRONOS GROUP look up who khronos group are.. what the word MANTLE is an acronym for. I will give you a hint, the word M is for Military. You can pretend and pose and bluster and fake and lie to yourself and tell your mother you're a very clever child but you cant ever hope to pretend you know more about computers than the military. Quit trying to make people run decades old obsolete garbage on decades obsolete cheap imitation computers and graphics cards.

*EDIT* I will spell it out for you, when they say modern programming languages are "derived from C++" all it means is they use similar sounding words or even type in the EXACT SAME WORD to do entirely new better faster things with different machine assembly code behind it! .. its like saying windows 10 is identical to windows 3.11 and that you never ever need to run anything newer.. They're BOTH WINDOWS RIGHT?! its the same thing.. if you go off and learn windows 3.11 you'll know EVERYTHING you ever need to learn about windows and programming and be best programmer ever.. with awesome intel computer and nvidia graphics cards stuck in the 80's and 90's.. it'll run sooo fast on your high end gaming PC.. ALL of steam should run windows 3.11 DOS software and use C for everything.. wouldnt the world be better if all your doom eternals and your wolfenstein young blood or whatever were replaced with their original more "optimized" C or C++ original releases that were "soo efficient" and sooo very optimal and very 16bit DOS rubbish that they fit on a few floppy disks.. 4GB filesizes aren't even a possibility how could it not run fast? 

0 Likes

yes, i'm talking about this libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen you're asking how to use 1950's and 1960's coding methods and techniques and code to be run on 1991 programming language environment software like python.. on a brand new high spec state of the art AMD ryzen or thread ripper computer thats like 2 or 3 years old? I am trying to politely state my confusion by wondering which side of your mother were you birthed from yesterday? AMD's CPU's and GPU's have supported "Out of Order Code Exection" since way wayy wayy back like a decade ago or more? even the 7950 cards had it im pretty sure maybe even earlier?. All modern programming languages as long as you arent using year 2000 or 1990's or 1950's rubbish will automatically support parallellism and out of order code execution automatically at the compiler level. USE A MODERN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE. Get rust language and learn to use it and then pair it with vulkan API and it will work with ARM/mobile or linux or mac or windows and your 1950's and 1960's code will be written the same or similarly and still be do-able/usable and function FASTER and BETTER and EASIER than EVER with more features and functions available and supported to use. 

I'd suggest you get the open sourced AMD code the same one nvidia and everybody else on earth is using and use that yourself. Why re-invent the wheel man? then you can invent DLSS in 2 hours of pretend coding or you can get anything you need from the RUST developer or AMD developer section.. If it isnt there you probably dont need it man. intel and nvidia keep handing you awful 1950's code and 1990's software to run on their ancient tech they probably scrounged out of ancient egyptian pyramids its so primitive and dated but more likely just contain scraps and pieces of tiny small garage level tech companies and startups that got stomped into the dirt and disappeared and now the left over parts and pieces were made into a frankenstein patched together zombie budget bargain bin hardware device and marketed and sold by intel and nvidia to people who dont even know that using 30-50 year old rubbish on a brand spanking new modern piece of hardware doesnt use a single one of its hardware features and isnt actually running or functioning at all. Stop blowing the dust off grandpas code book and running 16bit DOS garbage like python from before windows 95 even existed on brand new ryzen or thread rippers. One day when you learn what you did wrong you will feel very very bad.

0 Likes