cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

asdf23451
Adept III

What data does the AMD Settings collect about my computer?

I normally block applications that I feel don't need to access the internet, from accessing the internet. I'm thinking I should quit doing that with AMD Settings, so when I get a 5700XT back from my RMA, it'd be easier for AMD to fix any driver related issues I experience.

I'd like to know all the data AMD Settings downloads and sends when I allow AMD to collect anonymous data, and when I don't allow AMD to collect anonymous data.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Generally the data is game/gpu/cpu related....what settings you use and the responsiveness of the game to these settings. This is how they gather info to suggest what settings you should be using...to be like everyone else's settings. And use your bandwith 24/7. Which is crazy. Best to leave the program.

0 Likes
kevindunn
Journeyman III

When you opt to not allow AMD to collect anonymous data, the software should not transmit any of the information mentioned above to AMD's servers. However, it's worth noting that by blocking the application from accessing the internet, you may potentially miss out on automatic updates and important driver-related fixes that AMD could provide through its online services.

By sending anonymous data, you help AMD gather valuable information to enhance their products and address common issues faced by users. This can result in better driver support and more stable performance. The data collected is usually aggregated and does not contain any personally identifiable information (PII).

If you're concerned about privacy, you can always refer to AMD's official privacy policy to get more detailed information about the data they collect and how it is used. This policy may be updated over time, so I recommend checking the most recent version directly from AMD's website.

0 Likes