cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

higgih01
Adept III

Do the latest Radeon Settings versions (20.8.1/2) automatically include support for Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling?

I have recently installed both 20.8.1 and then 20.8.2 from using 20.5.1-HWS.

I have assumed that the latest versions of Radeon Settings automatically include support for Windows Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling, but I am not 100% certain of this as it is not clear in the supporting documentation if they do or not.

Can anyone clarify if they do?

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Hardware-accelerated_GPU_scheduling-3.png

I guess you need to activate this feature in the settings of Windows 10 v2004 like the picture. I'm not sure, but you can check if it's enabled in Windows's settings for Windows 10 v2004.

Thank for your reply, but I think you might have misunderstood my question. I activated HAGS in Windows when I installed 20.5.1-HWS i.e. the version of Radeon Settings that explicitly included support for HAGS.

My question was whether later versions of Radeon Settings e.g. 20.7.1/2 and 20.8.1/2 also included support for HAGS by default. In other words should I turn the HAGS feature 'off' in Windows if I were to install these later versions of Radeon Settings.

I have since had information from another contributor to this Forum that they don't support HAGS. I have been having some stability issues with 20.8.1 and 20.8.2 and have re-installed 20.5.1-HWS and have got my stability back.   

Can Radeon Software change HAGS setting with the driver updates? I do not know this. I don't have a Radeon GPU right now. But HAGS feature came off with Windows 2004 for me. I turned this feature on and I am using my system with this setting. So I used my computer for a while with HAGS turned off and I couldn't detect a difference. So I think you should try disabling HAGS with the driver updates. With HAGS off, I did not find a load I would notice on my processor.

0 Likes
lostcat
Adept I

It is not yet supported on the 20.8.x line.  I don't know why it's taking them so long but I don't expect to see it in 20.9.x either.

We'll see.

Thanks for the answer lostcat.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is a feature new to Microsoft’s May 2020 update, Windows 10 version 2004, and has now been supported by both NVIDIA and AMD via driver updates. This feature is not to be confused with DirectX 12 Ultimate, which was delivered in the same Windows update. Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is supported on Pascal and Turing cards from NVIDIA, as well as AMD’s 5600 and 5700 series of cards. In today’s content, we’ll first walk through what exactly this feature does and what it’s supposed to mean, then we’ll show some performance testing for how it behaviorally affects change.

Enabling hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling requires Windows 10 2004, a supported GPU, and the latest drivers for that GPU (NVIDIA version 451.48, AMD version 20.5.1 Beta).

This infos taken from gamersnexus website. What are you waiting for? I do not know!

0 Likes