cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

keetoowah
Adept I

3950x will not boost past 4.2 and thats 4.16 the voltage stays at 1.2 is will not go past that in Ryzen Master or PBO Is that the CPU or the Motherboard. This is a replacement Asus just sent

The highest single core boost I get running Cenibench 20 is 4.1xx I think one time it made it to 4.2 on one core. This motherboard is a replacement Asus sent from an RMA. It is a Asus Crosshair VIII Hero x570 wifi. While I was waiting (forever) for the board I sold my 3900x and bought a 3950X. Either the board or the CPU or both are bad, the 3900x was much faster on Cenibench and TimeSpy. This board wont even let me set it to Asuis Optimal. It freezes right in the BIIOS Menu.

3 Replies

Shame you don't have the other processor to test. More than likely you got bad board back would be my guess. Usually oems don't send you back a new board but one they fix and test that was another persons RMA. I would talk to tech support form your board maker. See what advice they give. Also is is on the latest bios. I have had RMA boards come back with very old bios before.

0 Likes

also did you re-install the latest chipset driver?

0 Likes

also that chip runs a bit hotter. what are your temps? if you are throttling then that can be why your performance is down. 

0 Likes