RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8) 3200MHz - BLS2K8G4D32AESBK

Chipset: latest driver;

GPU: latest.

What I've tried so far:

1. DDU last drivers in safe mode and installing the new ones from your site;

2. Undervolt GPU with your soft;

3. Power plans: Ultimate Performance, High Performance, AMD PP;

4. Ram at 2400MHz, 2993MHz, 3200MHz, 3400MHz

5. From the test I've made - about one hour of furmark with CPU in stress test aswell. 4K, 2K, Full HD, not a single black screen;

Last. Reinstalling Windows.

My experience so far, let me say that I come from a 1070 TI which was plug&play... this one is plug&pray. With all due respect but this is a pain in the 455... 

1. Start windows in the morning - Use Chrome + any f .... other app - Black screen in about 10-15 mins from the start, I don't even have to do something that my GPU will be stressed;

2. Netflix APP, same as chrome, after 10-15 mins (*on the first run, of the morning) - black screen;

3. I have to mention that GTA V, Forza Horizon 4 and only once Red Dead Online caused me a black screen but in all those cases Chrome was in background, the only time I didn't use chrome on a blackscreen I had Netflix app on.

- After the first boot (as I've said, "in the morning") and first blackscreen... the other ones don't come in same time... is like I am playing Russian Roulette. I can play 3 hours long of Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Warzone one) and not a single Black Screen. 

So tell me... How 7.F. I would even consider buying another AMD card after this ? I live in a country that a minimum wage (Which is kinda standard here) is way less then this GPU.

If you tell me to look up on your other topic or on a video on youtube, don't. Please, answer on my topic, don't tell me to look there because I already did on most of the topic recently opened (older ones are not that relevant because most of them tell me to update the driver or roll back sept-oct versions... we are almost in 2021).

BTW, don't tell me to return the GPU, I can't .

Thank you! 

0 Likes
8 Replies
carnage2k4
Adept I

Welcome to the club. I have exactly the same card from gigabyte.
I have constant green screens on most games, no text, just a 100% green screen for 3 seconds, then the computer restarts.
Or both screens freeze and I have to hard reset to be able to do anything.

Another "fix" was to put your PCIe into Gen3 via the BIOS, didn't work for me, but it might for you.

I've been trying to fix this for a month, and a total clean OS installation is the only thing I've not tried... Yet.

Other than that, there is a lot of threads about this and very little help... I've pretty much stopped gaming for the last month (as long as I've owned the card) because... I can't play really anything at all.

So it seems that if you can't return your card, you may have purchased the RX 5700 paperweight edition.

Hi,

I already cleaned installed. I get Black Screen for 5 secs then my monitor says no input... and I have to turn off/on or restart from the button. I purchased this graphics card from a deal on something like "second-hand" website in my country and it was sealed. Thats why I can't refund it.

The main thing on my graphics is that it happens once-twice a day, mainly when I turn on the pc first after a few hours. Another thing, my MOBO doesn't have PCI 4.0 so I don't have anything to change.

I can't even relate how .... this is, to buy something and do something like this, don't want to say anything about nvidia, but when they launch something at least works.

Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Is hardware acceleration enabled in chrome?

Type this into chrome

chrome://gpu/

0 Likes

No, it is not enabled

0 Likes
notflawless
Adept I

Sell the card on Ebay an buy an Nvidia Card.

Trust me, there is no solution for your problem.

0 Likes

I don't want to sell it now, I will lose some... but will definetly be my last AMD GPU, ever, I don't care if the next one is the best, like same perf and half the price of the competitor, even if nvidia is so bad that I can fry eggs on it... This is my last one.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Can you try disabling the In-Game Overlay? This option can be found under Settings cog > General on the right hand side near the bottom. 

If the same issue continues after that, perhaps your GPU is faulty. 

0 Likes
mohamed5294
Adept II

Did you flash your bios before !!?

0 Likes