Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01426
OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.13587
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.12
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.116
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.125
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

I connected an HDMI Splitter 1 input x 4 output to the HDMI port of the laptop, and then two additional monitors to the HDMI splitter. My pavilion only sees monitor 1 (built in) and monitor 2.

Why I dont see a monitor "3"?

Can the video card support multi-monitor?

thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

Most modern AMD GPUs including Integrated supports at least 3 monitors or more.

Thanks for inputting your Laptop Serial Number it was extremely useful in locating the exact HP Laptop you have.

You have a HP Pavilion 15-cw0005la Model. Here is your HP Download page which has several new drivers (2020) including a new BIOS version and AMD Driver to install: HP Pavilion - 15-cw0005la Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

Also from what I have read about the Specs on your specific laptop USB-C port is that it doesn't support DisplayPort ALT Mode thus it doesn't support HDMI Output.

I suggest you open a HP Support ticket and ask them which HDMI adapter is compatible to power two external HDMI Monitors.

All the USB-C Docks, to connect 2 or more monitors,  that are compatible with HP Laptops requires that USB-C Port that supports DisplayPort Alt Mode.

Vega8 Graphics does support 3 monitors but seems like your laptop HDMI Port doesn't unless HP Support directs you to an Multi-Monitor HDMI Adapter for your laptop.

I couldn't find anywhere that mentions that you can connect more than one HDMI Monitor to your laptop's HDMI video output.

Thanks elstaci‌ for the quick answer.

I have updated the BIOS as well as the AMD graphics.

I'm now running Radeon software 20.8.2 (11/august/2020 release)

However, I can only drive one monitor out of the HDMI port of this notebook.

I connected 2 brands of HDMI splitters, the same result. image is duplicated in both external monitors.

(monitor 1 is the notebook monitor and monitor 2 is the external HDMI-port-connected monitors)

pavilion_monitor_issue.png

You are correct about the USB-C thing. Shame on HP. This is an amazing notebook.

Will keep searching for a Multi-Monitor HDMI Adapter and repost if anything changes.

I want to make an updated comment on this.

I finally got a third monitor working by means of this item:

USB to HDMI Adapter

I now have my two additional monitors. And the solution was only USD $15.

usb to hdmi adapter.png

IMG_20200904_145017.jpg