cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

niz04
Adept I

Amd driver not installed or not working properly

I have 2 moded gpu for mining, one is rx 480 4gb and one is rx 570 4gb and i was using both of them in intel powered pc and it was working perfectly and mining, today i put the rx 480 to my ryzen 3600x powered pc(both pc have windows 10 pro genuine) and did used DDU to uninstall last used gpu driver that was gtx 1060 6gb and the i tries to install amd driver shown on amd page launched on may for my rx 480 4gb with antivirus turned off it showed it has been installed and requires restart i did and after that i used ati patcher to patch it and again restarted it but no luck in device manager it shows rx 480 but with error 43(yellow sign) and then i opened radeon software it shows amd driver is not installed properly or not working properly. I tried again DDU and amsd clean up utility no luck same i tried with 570 4gb on ryzen pc same issue. Unable to install it. please help me out

0 Likes
1 Solution

I was trying to install radeon 20.4.2. tried amd cleanup utility as well as DDU and blocked windows update many time  almost 20+ times. nothing worked but found a solution for this is uninstalll rioy client and riot vanguard solved the issur. Vanguard was blocking Ati pixel clock patcher. After uninstall driver installed without issue and after restart i ran pixel clock patcher and restart it worked without issues.

STEPS:-

1. Block/Turn off all antivirus

2. Disconnect  internet

3. Remove Riot games as well as Riot vanguard(most important)

4. Use AMD cleanup utility in safe mode (takes 15-20min) then restart

5. Use DDU(in safe mode) to uninstall  all previous driver of amd /nvidia and restart pc to safe mode.

6. Install  Amd driver suitable for your GPU in Administrator  mode without internet or anything running in background then restart

7. Run atikmdag-patcher.exe. (If you only need the BIOS signature patch, rename it to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe first.) 

7.1.If all limits are found, click "Yes" to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.

8. Reboot

I hope it help others .

Thank you  all for you time and support.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Sounds like a question for colesdav

Which Adrenalin driver version did you try to install?

I assume the problem is the BIOS mod for Mining means you need to run Pixel Clock Patcher?

AMD RX 400/500 series graphics driver FIX after Mining Bios Flash for Gaming in (2019) - YouTube

Latest version of Pixel Clock Patcher should work up to Adrenalin 20.5.1.

Compatibility:

• Version 1.4.8 is compatible with Catalyst 11.9 to Adrenalin 20.5.1. It can be used with future versions if it finds the limits you need.

AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher 

This may be of use.

http://woshub.com/how-to-sign-an-unsigned-driver-for-windows-7-x64/ 

I was trying to install radeon 20.4.2. tried amd cleanup utility as well as DDU and blocked windows update many time  almost 20+ times. nothing worked but found a solution for this is uninstalll rioy client and riot vanguard solved the issur. Vanguard was blocking Ati pixel clock patcher. After uninstall driver installed without issue and after restart i ran pixel clock patcher and restart it worked without issues.

STEPS:-

1. Block/Turn off all antivirus

2. Disconnect  internet

3. Remove Riot games as well as Riot vanguard(most important)

4. Use AMD cleanup utility in safe mode (takes 15-20min) then restart

5. Use DDU(in safe mode) to uninstall  all previous driver of amd /nvidia and restart pc to safe mode.

6. Install  Amd driver suitable for your GPU in Administrator  mode without internet or anything running in background then restart

7. Run atikmdag-patcher.exe. (If you only need the BIOS signature patch, rename it to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe first.) 

7.1.If all limits are found, click "Yes" to patch and sign. If a limit is not found or if multiple matches are found, the patcher needs to be updated.

8. Reboot

I hope it help others .

Thank you  all for you time and support.

Please mark your own answer as correct.
Glad you fixed the problem.

0 Likes

Some  may get issue with Faceit and Faceit AC(anti cheat). you have to uninstall all anti cheat software to make it work.

0 Likes

I want to use faceit but i have a patched driver, is there a way to fix it? without any risk?

0 Likes

I obviously want to paly in faceit but i have a patched driver, do u know anyway to fix the problem without any risk?

0 Likes

Tried everything uou said,it didnt help! Same shutdown when entering any game,today i will replace my psu just to be sure,but this psu is at the moment powering a nitro rx 480 4gb version,not big of a difference to msi rx 480 gaming x 4gb

0 Likes