cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

lindsaygraham
Journeyman III

How to remove Radeon/AMD from my computer?

I do not use Radeon games, but I do regularly use the shortcut Alt R in Excel.  But, as of a few days ago, Alt R always brings up the Radeon gaming app.  Please, please, how do I get rid of Radeon/AMD from my system and get back my Alt R shortcut?  I'm using Windows 10 and I've uninstalled Radeon and AMD, but the latter keeps coming back and the Alt R shortcut still brings up Radeon.

4 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Add / Remove Programs 

Find AMD software and uninstall.

Restart your Computer.

Open Device manager.

Find your graphics card under Display adapters and right click it and select update drivers.

Select browse my computer for drivers,

Search for drivers in C:\AMD and tick the include subfolders box then hit next.

This should install the graphics drivers without the software.

0 Likes

Instead of removing radeon settings you can just disable the overlay and this with disable the alt-r as well. 

Stole this from digitalcitizen dot life

How to disable the Radeon Software In-Game Overlay (ALT+R)

To disable the Radeon Software overlay, either press the ALT+R keyboard shortcut, or right-click or press-and-hold somewhere on the empty space on your Windows desktop. Then, in the menu that opens, go to AMD Radeon Software.

Accessing the AMD Radeon Software

Accessing the AMD Radeon Software

In the Radeon Software, click or tap on the Settings icon from the top-right corner, and then go to the General tab.

Go to Settings, and then to General

You see a long list of settings, split into two columns. Look for the Preferences section in the column on the right.

Look for the Preferences section of settings

Look for the Preferences section of settings

There, disable the switch that says "In-Game Overlay" by clicking or tapping on it.

Disable the In-Game Overlay

Disable the In-Game Overlay

After you set this switch to Disabled, the Radeon Software overlay is no longer displayed. The ALT+R shortcut is no longer active, so it doesn't mess with other apps.

How to disable the keyboard shortcuts used by Radeon Software

Even if you disable the Radeon Software In-Game Overlay using the instructions shared earlier, its keyboard shortcuts are still active, and they can interfere with your Windows programs. For example, when using apps like Paint NET, pressing CTRL+SHIFT+S no longer works because of Radeon Software. Instead, you get a message saying: "Instant Replay Off."

CTRL+SHIFT+S no longer works in Paint.NET

CTRL+SHIFT+S no longer works in Paint.NET

To solve these conflicts with keyboard shortcuts used by different Windows apps, open the Radeon Software. Then, click or tap on the Settings icon from the top-right corner and go to the Hotkeys tab. Here you find all the keyboard shortcuts used by Radeon Software, including those interfering with the apps that you use.

Radeon Software - Hotkeys

Radeon Software - Hotkeys

Find the keyboard shortcut that you want to fix and click on it. Then, Radeon Software asks you to press a key to assign it as the new keyboard shortcut or to press Delete to unbind the existing shortcut. Press Delete on your keyboard, and Radeon Software no longer uses that keyboard shortcut.

Delete a keyboard shortcut used by Radeon Software

Delete a keyboard shortcut used by Radeon Software

Repeat this process for all the keyboard shortcuts from Radeon Software that interfere with the apps you use. When done, you should see NONE listed as the keyboard shortcut for the hotkeys that you have modified.

Keyboard shortcuts removed from Radeon Software

Keyboard shortcuts removed from Radeon Software

From now on, the Radeon Software overlay should no longer interfere with the keyboard shortcuts from your preferred Windows apps.

Then new version of Microsoft Power Toys has a keyboard manager that allows you to set key shortcuts as well. You may find it handy.

https://github "dot" com/microsoft/PowerToys/wiki/Keyboard-Manager-Overview

Replace "dot" with .

Lol 

To think of the number of times I have gone to check a hotkeys combination I had forgotten and never even thinking of clicking on them would let me change them.

0 Likes

No worries. Hope it helps.

0 Likes