cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xlox
Forerunner

20.8.1 thread_stuck_in_device_driver

got several bsod again with 20.8.1 (maybe even between 20.5.1 and 20.8.1 version , it's not very often but it happened, and I can't afford my pc to crash because of gpu drivers reason because my work runs in background) on my radeon VII ,so back on 20.5.1

0 Likes
1 Solution
xlox
Forerunner

ok in fact I think It may have been a windows drivers corruptions, because I began to get this bsod in every driver version I tested , and every motherboard BIOS I tested etc ... I checked ram with windows memtest , nothing found...

so before trying to reinstall windows entirely (I was trying to avoid it because I have a lot of software to reinstall then) I tried to use some windows reparation features and I could choose to format my C: and apply a backup image from may 2020... so I'm now with a may 2020 windows (1909 instead of 2004 windows too) perfectly stable, I just have to reinstall progressively update of some drivers ... and it seem AMD 20.8.2 adrenalin are perfectly ok

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
xlox
Forerunner

ok in fact I think It may have been a windows drivers corruptions, because I began to get this bsod in every driver version I tested , and every motherboard BIOS I tested etc ... I checked ram with windows memtest , nothing found...

so before trying to reinstall windows entirely (I was trying to avoid it because I have a lot of software to reinstall then) I tried to use some windows reparation features and I could choose to format my C: and apply a backup image from may 2020... so I'm now with a may 2020 windows (1909 instead of 2004 windows too) perfectly stable, I just have to reinstall progressively update of some drivers ... and it seem AMD 20.8.2 adrenalin are perfectly ok

0 Likes