ethernet

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six-core processor
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit

Ok so my ethernet cable was plugged in but after 1 week it stopped working. I've been trying to fix it for 8 hours now. When I click troubleshoot, it displays "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. I tried resetting the computer, reset the modem, I ran command prompt with the most common codes I could find on the net. I then did a system restore which did not help. Maybe it's the driver. Could someone give me instructions on installing a new ethernet driver? I can't access the internet through the cord or wi fi. Neither works. Picture attached

0 Likes
10 Replies
vierance
Journeyman III

I went into Services, clicked on WLAN autoconfig. I pressed start. and I also made it automatic. Did not help

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

Screenshot (5).png

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

I went into device management and then on properties, then power management and unchecked the box allow this computer to turn off this device to save power. It did not help

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

I went into system configuration and then in services, all the boxes were checked so all is well there

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

Screenshot (6).png

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

Screenshot (7).png

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

I entered the ip adress manually and now I get a different error message. "Investigate router or broadband modem issues."  IT suggests I close and reopen the computer which doesnt work. If I click skip this step, it tells me "the default gateway is not available"

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

I looked at my firewall and it is not the problem

0 Likes
vierance
Journeyman III

Weird, I came back a few hours later and it fixed itself on its own. delete this thread

0 Likes
karlmcminn
Journeyman III

I also have a similar issue. Also I'm unable to create a new post due to an infinite loop of this message "correct the highlighted errors & try again" although there are NO highlighted errors. 

Ethernet driver is missing from drivers list.

I can't locate the correct driver to re download from the manufacturers site.

My PC specs are - 

GPU
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor
8 Core

Windows 10 64 bit

Would appreciate a link to correct driver download if possible.

0 Likes