cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dudu123
Journeyman III

Drivers for amd A6 3420M

Where can i find drivers for a amd A6 3420M ?

It is a amd radeon dual graphics.

I use windows 10 .

I can nothing found ,only a old driver for windows 8.

If i install autodetect tool than i must download a driver witch do not support this chip.

Why let amd users download a autodetect tool and a driver what did not work ?

very confusing .

0 Likes
12 Replies

Hi, I have the same issue.

The drivers on AMD Website are the wrong ones. Back then it was Windows Update feature, who installed the right drivers, giving me all Catalyst features. While the Version on AMD Website doesnt give any features, and the CPU frequency scaling doesnt work in AMD's version, which is important for me, because the Laptop is old and perma turbo boosts to 2,5ghz and makes the Laptop overheat and instantly crash.

In the past I was lucky that Windows was fast enough ot install the right drivers via Windows Update, with working CPU scaling, so I underclocked it basically, so the boost could never occure, because max speed was never reached thanks to the underclock. (and you fear right, the bios also does not offer any frequency underclock features.)

But this time Laptop crashes because of overheating before it is able to finally install the right AMD drivers provided by WIndows, which REALLY support the dual graphic settings and CPU frequency scaling, while the drivers form original AMD website dont.

Anyone knows where to get the AMD drivers installer files for this APU (dual graphic) which are provded by Micrsoft Windows Updates itself?

0 Likes

Uninstall the drivers..reboot. Check windows update.

The graphics card is not supported for Windows10...it is too old and doesn't meet the minimum requirements.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Screenshot_5.png

0 Likes

Is this another tug-of-war between AMD and Microsoft, again?

I mean, this childish bickering we end users have encountered a few times before.

I sincerely hope that AMD and Microsoft will take their heads out of the place where sun never shines and either of them will provide a decent driver for Windows 10 using AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics.

This situation is not a credit to either of aforementioned companies.

0 Likes

@bundestank 

When AMD made your laptop CPU legacy or non-supported, that means that AMD stopped making drivers for your processor from that time on.

From AMD download page it looks like that processor was made legacy/non-supported before Windows 10 even came out.  So there are no official Windows 10 drivers for your laptop processor.

IF Windows 10 Windows Update doesn't have a compatible driver to download and install,  then you can't blame either AMD or Microsoft because you have a very out-dated processor that isn't supported anymore.

You might want to see if Windows 7 drivers might work for your processor better than Windows 8/8.1 drivers.

But otherwise whatever driver Windows 10 installs is all you will have for your processor. If the Windows Update driver is not to your satisfaction then stop complaining and purchase an new laptop or PC that is still supported by AMD and Microsoft.

The only know-it-all asswipe is you believing that a out-dated laptop with technology that isn't compatible with Windows 10 believes there are still driver updates. LoL.

Before you start making a fool of yourself I advice take some meds for your diarrhea of the mouth problem. (-:

No amount of Users complaining is going to fix out-dated technology especially if the manufacturer has STOPPED SUPPORTING THE ANTIQUE HARDWARE!

@bundestank 

At least I am more mature and older then you are if I am a teenager LoL.

I don't live in a fantasy world like you do.

Just because you can't afford a new supported laptop or PC doesn't mean that magically your antique laptop/PC will work with the latest technology and OS.

At least I am not in total denial like you are.

I think it's probably best you don't come back to this website..

Rude arrogant people like yourself are not welcome or wanted!!

You ask for help and are aggressive and rude, I think the child is yourself! 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

@vialli100 

Couldn't have said it better.

0 Likes

I don't know if you are referring to me or this immature "elstaci".
However, I have had enough of this forum and therefore, I'm out.

0 Likes

GOOD

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.