cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMD driver install causes black screen

Why is it that every time I have tried to download the AMD drivers and my computer restarts for it, it won't turn back on?

So I am a occasional gamer and I use a rd 580. Anyway, I was noticing low candidates on bf2 which wasn't normal for me so I went to download the AMD Adrenalin software. It started to reset but when it turned back on again it could no longer show video. What is causing this? I had to send it to sell to get this fixed but I would like to avoid this in the future so some help would be great.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
Not completely sure what motherboard it is as if is a Dell gaming prebuilt.
R A M:16GB DDR4
1TB hardrive and 500GB M.2 ss d
GPU Radeon RX 580 4gb
PSU: Dell 450W

the airflow isn't great but hasn't ever been as probl em. The age of the psu is about eight months ol d. I am not sure about the exact model as it is a prebuilt Dell Inspiro n 5676 but I will look around and try to find it.

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If you get a better PSU, the problem will probably go away. Upgrade may be possible in the future with a better GPU for you. So it might be good to get a good PSU for the future.

0 Likes

Why do you think it was caused by the power supply? If still turns on as in the vans turn on and the rgb turn on so what makes you think it is the psu?

0 Likes

In case the PSU is overheated or overloated, it instantly cuts the power. Instant interruption does not cause RGB fading. In addition, the 12v stabilization provided by the PSU decreases with overloading and the possibility of getting errors increases. In addition, PSU's watts value represent the maximum not the required.

You have to get a good 650 watt PSU or better thinking about the future. If you continue to get the error with a new PSU, you can search elsewhere for the problem.

0 Likes

Okay, that makes sense but why would this only happen when I am installing drivers? When I'm am playing games on their it is fine and that seems from a uneducated standpoint like it would be more demanding.

0 Likes

The driver sys service file may be creating a different load on the PSU when it starts. Actually I do not know the answer to this question. When I looked at your system specs, I thought that the PSU might be causing the problem. That's all. 

0 Likes

Okay thank you.