josephweasley

I cannot play with my RX 5700 XT (continuous crashes)

Discussion created by josephweasley on Aug 17, 2020
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2020 by mstfbsrn980

I bought this card in December, replacing my GTX 970. Since then I have had many crashes on different games (PUBG, SW Battlefront 2, Sea of Thieves, Overwatch ...), I have tried with all the recommended old drivers including the latest (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2) the optional ones (Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 Optional). 

I tried both undervolting and underclocking, reinstalling windows, always installing drivers in safe mode, turning off everything including Freesync and nothing, nothing worked.
I am now playing Overwatch competitive and have been banned multiple times thanks to the crashes! 

With updated drivers 20.8.1 the radeon software gives me this error when I crash: Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure.

The only parameter I have changed now is the fan speed.
The temperatures are stable and never exceed 70 ° / 75 °. I don't have any other special software running in the background when I play.
I also tried with another PC even if with similar configuration to my current one and always crashing.

Crashes occur with sudden black screens and the monitor no longer finds the signal, the PC does not shut down and I am forced to a hard reset every time. I'm even thinking about dusting off my GTX 970 to play Overwatch competitive but this is insane! 

I don't want to waste money but I want to understand what the problem is and understand why after having wasted money and time I still can't play properly and what I have to do to solve (If is possible!)
(I apologize for my not perfect English.)

My PC Setting:

RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock)

AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Crucial Ballistix DDR4 8x2 3000 MHz

Samsung 970 EVO 120 GB

4 TB HDD Seagate barracuda

CORSAIR TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE

Cooler master masterbox td500 mesh

Attachments

Outcomes