Screenshot with system setup from HWInfo attached.
- AMD Graphics Card
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Operating System
- Windows 10 Professional 64bit (with latest updates applied)
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Software 20.8.1
- Software Version - 2020.0729.1547.28422
Driver Version - 20.20.01.13-200729a-357776E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 188.8.131.524
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01451
OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.14736
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.16
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.145
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.2.139
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Display Devices
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- Aorus X570 Elite - Bios F20
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- CoolerMaster 650W 80+ Bronze
Describe your issue:
- When booting windows, windows explorer won't open if graphics driver is installed. Stopping the current explorer process and restarting it won't fix the issue.
- On this state I'm able to start task manager using ctrl+alt+del and start programs from there - not windows explorer though. The computer have network connectivity, so I'm able to start chrome, look for this issue online, reboot my computer into safe mode, etc.
- If booting on safe mode, without graphics driver, windows start normally, then I'm able to perform a fix:
- uninstall graphics driver and radeon software.
- reboot system on normal mode - it boots normally
- reinstall radeon software and graphics driver
- then I'm able to use my PC normally
After the fix is applied, I'm able to use my PC normally for days, playing any games without crashing. Performance and temperatures across CPU, motherboard and GPU are within expected, so it all points to a software issue - either a driver issue or radeon software.
Are you able to reproduce this issue? Is there a fix planned so I don't have to go through all this to use my pc properly?