cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bandman10
Journeyman III

MS Update KB4565351 has disabled my HDMI port on Radeon R9 200, will not detect 2nd monitor. Has anyone experienced this issue?

My 1st monitor is on the VGA port and is fine. However beginning this week I cannot connect to the 2nd monitor on the HDMI port and the System will not find it when I click to Detect it. There have been daily power outages in my area over the last couple of weeks. This could have caused a shutdown during the update but I'm not seeing any other issues.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Could be windows is corrupted and it could be your video card is damaged as well

Try another disk disk and install window fresh

0 Likes

Unless you have a UPS, Power outages is damaging to computers and electronic in general.  My condo used to have many brown/blackouts. I installed a UPS and now I have no more issues with power flickering or losing power for a few minutes. My computer never shut down due to a brownout or blackout.

Possibly your PSU, GPU or motherboard may had been damaged by a power surge when power returned.

Try reinstalling the AMD Driver and see if you have output on your GPU HDMI output.

Also run in a elevated Command Prompt - SFC /scannow which will check your Windows for corruption or missing files.

If you computer lost power during a blackout or brownout several times then it is possible some of the files on your HDD/SSD may have been damaged or corrupted while the HDD/SSD was running or doing work.

I would do an In-Place Windows update, running Windows Installation during Windows Desktop, to install a fresh Windows folder with all your Apps and settings in tack. I would do this after you tried everything to get the HDMI to work.

Also you can run OCCT to stress test your GPU card to make sure it passes without crashing or to check the GPU card out for failure.

EDIT: If you suspect a specific Windows Update is the reason for your problem, go to Windows Settings and uninstall that specific Windows Update and see if the HDMI starts working.

0 Likes