cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

methox
Journeyman III

ram 3200 cl14 b-die cant reach 3600cl14

hi, for work cuestion I needed to buy 32 gigs of ram for a possible future expansion of another 32, my specifications are as follows

cpu: 3950x

ram:  gskill ddr4-3200 32gb (16gbx2) (b-die)

motherboard: aorus master x570

psu: EVGA supernova 1200 p2 80+ platinum

ram details with xmp profile:

Thairpoon: https://imgur.com/pgTmOxN

Aida memory benchmark: https://imgur.com/IceS6Ly

The memories are dual-rank and after a lot of reading I understand that ryzen has a hard time handling that due to IMC issues, here is my problem, I also like to play and I have tried to OC memory for months with different configurations, my goal It was always to leave them in 3600 cl14 which I have achieved on occasion but over time it becomes unstable, crash in games and others. I have thought about buying the new g skills 3800 cl14 that came out recently to the market and puts 4 sticks so it would have 32 gigabytes at least, do you think that the capacity of those 16x2 sticks is so limited because they are dual rank? any ideas about it? If you need more information you just have to ask for it, I try exporting the profile to dram calculator, safe, fast settings from forums even copying the timings of other models. I am somewhat frustrated with this, I could take refund for this sticks according to the advice you give me, Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies

Depends on the Motherboard you have if it supports those speeds at OC or not or if those RAM Memory is listed as being supported by your motherboard's RAM QVL List.

You didn't mention the Make & Model of the motherboard you are using.

0 Likes

Sorry i just update with motherboard

You should have no problem with 64GB installed, X570 can support 128GB

Ryzen 3000 processors native speed is DDR4-3200 which aligns with the internal infinity bus

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

What timings are you using?

I've had dual rank and single rank b die memory and the dual rank needs slightly looser timings to be stable at the same frequency and similar timings. Try 14-15-14-14-34-48 and see if that is stable, leave everything else on auto at first to see if you can get the primaries stable. 

The difference between CL14 and CL16 is not really that big in my experience, so if you cannot get CL14 stable just move to 3600CL16.

0 Likes
digitalninja360
Journeyman III

I want to know about that

0 Likes