cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

blue070
Newcomer

problems regarding AMD RADEON HD 8650G and AMD RADEON HD 8970M

I recently updated my windows from 8.1 to windows 10. I did update the drivers manually so both graphics card would work and it did work perfectly for a few months, but then yesterday there were some windows updates and now the graphics card do not work anymore due to code 43. I have tried to update the drivers and reinstall them but nothing worked, is there any solution to the problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Seems like you have a laptop and not a desktop PC. Please either post your exact Laptop Make & Model or Serial Number.

Plus also post your Laptop APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics) to see what AMD Drivers are available for your laptop.

If you have a AMD APU then you need to just install the AMD APU Driver which will install both the Integrated and discrete GPU drivers for your laptop.

But it is best to install the Laptop's Manufacturer Support AMD Drivers first since they are customized for your laptop unless they don't have Windows 10 drivers.

0 Likes

Yes it is a laptop, sorry for not providing the specifications. Here it is :

Laptop : MSI GX70 3BE 

CPU : AMD Quad Core A10-5750M Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 8970M / AMD Radeon HD 8650G

The laptop manufacturer do not have drivers for windows 10, therefore I have to find drivers through the amd graphics support. I did find the newest drivers for the 8970M and a older driver for the 8650G, which has worked fine for a few months until now.

0 Likes

Thanks but you need to install the APU laptop driver https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-5750m-ra...

The Discrete Driver probably is not compatible with your Integrated Graphics for your laptop which is probably why you are getting the Device Manger error 43.

You have unfortunately a Legacy Graphics - HD8650G with a still supported Discrete Graphics - HD8970M GPU. The latest AMD driver for the HD8970M is not 100% compatible with the HD8650G GPU.

From the HD8970M Release Notes showing what GPU are compatible: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-8-1 

Notice that the HD86XX Series Graphics is not listed.

0 Likes