cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zkrzenox
Journeyman III

Blender Issue with Drivers after 20.5.2

Whenever I try to render something in blender through cycle render engine, it crashes. Happens with all the drivers after 20.5.2.
AMD radeon pro works fine but I also do gaming so it is important for me to use adrenaline. 

8 Replies
doidero
Adept I

I have the same problem, but it only works for me using the latest stable driver 20.4.2. Also, I couldn't find driver 20.5.2, so I tried 20.5.1 and the blender still crashes with and without hardware accelerated GPU scheduling.

It's funny that even in the Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise driver isn't working either.

I have a RX 5700XT.

Pls fix.

More info about here:
T77858 Cycles crashes after compiling render kernels for a scene with volumetric shaders 
T78963 Blender 2.83 Cycles Render Crash when OpenCL is active 
T75319 Crash during cycles GPU rendering in viewport 

0 Likes
albanacher
Journeyman III

The only success I have render Cycles projects with Blender on a Win 10 platform is with this

specific AMD's enterprise driver:

win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q1.1-feb14 

All other version from 2.8.1. Blender up ..... on later AMD drivers results in Cycles viewport / render issues.

0 Likes

need to know the card you are using, motherboard, cpu etc

0 Likes

My setup:

CPU Ryzen 3700X

Motherboard gigabyte X570

16GB RAM at 3200 MHz

Gpu reference 5700XT

I tried every blender version since 2.82 with the newest AMD optional driver with no success in rendering the default cube.

Last time I tested, AMD driver 20.4.2 was successful in rendering the default cube, also without any viewport problem. I believe tried with Blender 2.83, but I'm believe it should work with every Blender version.

I have Blender in Steam and it works fine with Vega and Polaris. Don't have a RDNA card available at the moment.

I am using 20.10.1 and it works fine, mind you I am on a clean install of windows

Thanks for the info, then it must mean it's a NAVI only problem. I wonder if the RX 6000 series will have the same problem or they will fix it by launch.

0 Likes

doidero wrote:

Thanks for the info, then it must mean it's a NAVI only problem. I wonder if the RX 6000 series will have the same problem or they will fix it by launch.

Find out next week when RX 6000 cards are hitting the street

fyter
Journeyman III

me too. 2700X+RX570 Blender 2.83 or blender 2.91 renderer isn't work. no material. but don't crash. Windows 10 ‘s driver work nice.
0 Likes