cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

coyote11_1
Adept I

260/5000 I need to update my pc

I need to update my pc, it is a dell inspiron n7110 with core I5 2430m socket 988b rPGA 35W processor, compatible with ddr3, are there AMD processors compatible with my motherboard? If so, which one do you recommend? I want to avoid modifying other parts of my pc

0 Likes
1 Solution

First your laptop motherboard supports only Intel mobile processors not AMD mobile processors.

According to CPU World here is a list of Intel Processor that will fit in your motherboard socket BUT MAY NOT BE SUPPORTED by your motherboard BIOS: http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%20G2%20(rPGA988B).html 

Need to go to Dell Support to find out which Intel mobile processor you can upgrade to in your laptop.  Also Intel Sandy Bridge processors are not supported on Windows 10 OS.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Laptop,doubt it on that one

0 Likes

too bad, thank you very much

0 Likes

get a new machine, they are cheaper now and much more powerful

I know but at the moment I only want it for studies, later I hope to buy a gaming pc

0 Likes

First your laptop motherboard supports only Intel mobile processors not AMD mobile processors.

According to CPU World here is a list of Intel Processor that will fit in your motherboard socket BUT MAY NOT BE SUPPORTED by your motherboard BIOS: http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket%20G2%20(rPGA988B).html 

Need to go to Dell Support to find out which Intel mobile processor you can upgrade to in your laptop.  Also Intel Sandy Bridge processors are not supported on Windows 10 OS.

My Lenovo X220 is Sandy Bridge and guess what, Lenovo supports Windows 10 on it

My X230 is Ivy Bridge and its is fully supported too

Dell does not seem to be as accommodative

My dell is compatible with windows 10 but lately it is too slow, mostly because of the processor it is already quite old and the use that has been given to it is quite heavy, I need to run programs like autocad and it supports it but it no longer runs as before

0 Likes

The Intel Processor might be compatible but the Intel Graphics isn't 100% compatible with Windows 10 according to Intel themselves:

coyote11_1 wrote:

My dell is compatible with windows 10 but lately it is too slow, mostly because of the processor it is already quite old and the use that has been given to it is quite heavy, I need to run programs like autocad and it supports it but it no longer runs as before

If you upgrade the RAM the machine will run much better. I have 16GB on my X220 and it runs well using a mSATA SSD.

coyote11_1 wrote:

Windows runs on even older laptops fine. RAM is the key to performance with mSATA or SATA SSD depending on options.

0 Likes

I guess since you know more than Intel about their own processors you should advice them to change their compatibility Processor for Windows 10 to indicate that it is supported .

0 Likes

Thank you very much, I will start looking for a pc with amd products in that case, the truth is, intel is good but it does not give me the results I want, in any case until I get one with an amd processor I think I will always have to update with intel