cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

neemox
Journeyman III

no signal from RX580

I am building a news system, and every individual component has been cross tested in some way. All of the components are in fact good.

However, when I install either a XTX RX580 or a Sapphire RX590, I get no signal from any of the ports. Both cards are confirmed to be working in another system.

When I install a GTX260 (Ancient nvidia card) the system boots fine and I get signal.

Something is mismatching between the mobo and the GPU is my assumption, but for the life of me I don;t know what.

The MOBO is a MSI B450M Bazooka Max Wifi. I had the identical problem on an GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard which I returned thinking it was the problem.

I have updated the BIOS on the MSI Bazooka, and installed windows using the ancient graphics card, as I read from some other sources that for some people the RX580 just didn't work until they booted into windows.

I am at a complete loss. This is by far the most frustrating PC build I've ever had.

Does anyone have any idea why new RX GPUs aren't working with these mobos?

My RX590 worked straight out the box with my 

GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (AMD Ryzen AM4/ATX/M.2 Thermal Guard with Onboard WIFI/HDMI/DVI/USB 3.1 Gen 2/DDR4/Motherboard), so I thought the other B450 sockets would as well. 

2 Replies

Most the time it is bios or a setting. First are you on the latest bios for sure? 

Next check that you are set to UEFI and not legacy. That could potentially explain why an old card works but not the Polaris cards. 

What CPU do you have? If it is an APU with integrated graphics then maybe it is messing with the signal somehow going to the discrete graphics. Such as you don't have the bios setting right to initialize the discrete card first. Look for a setting that will toggle the PEG vs IGP or similar to initialize first. Your mother boards manual will have this information.

Also do you have the latest chipset driver installed? I doubt that will have bearing on this but you should regardless.

If you don't have integrated graphics or the uefi or graphic boot order doesn't help, I am really at a loss. My guess is whatever it is, is likely some simple setting in the bios or something like that. Or maybe you should try and regress back one bios revision, but I would talk to support before ever doing that. Some boards don't like that. 

You should ask this question, also to tech support for your mother board and can ask it to AMD support here:https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Please reply back with full system specs CPU, Windows version, driver version, all hardware etc.... if you need further assistance from the community. 

0 Likes

I should have asked this first and likely you are doing this but to make sure.

You are plugging the monitor into the GPU not the motherboard?

0 Likes