Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fsanchez
Journeyman III

AMD ryzen 7 pro 4750u with radeon graphics

Hello everyone.

In my company we have a little problem, we have the Lenovo T14 with the processor mentioned above.

To install devices we use a PXE boot, then Grub is loaded and then an Ubuntu 18.04 live build is loaded. The Ubuntu live build is a basic one without graphical interface, just a terminal, the problem is that  we are not able to see any image, the screen stays blank this is also happening with AMD A9-9420e RADEON R5

The image starts and the installation is done but we cannot see anything, we have tried different Grub options, changing the gfxpayload and trying to force the video resolution. We have also tried different kernels, by default we use the Ubuntu hwe kernel 5.4 but we also tried kernel 5.6 and 5.7 with the same result.

Since we have image after installation I suppose we are not loading the necessary module in the kernel for the live build, can somebody help me here?

1 Reply
xinjinbao
Journeyman III

我的笔记本也是thinkpad T14 ,以下是我的CPU信息(AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 4750U Drivers),现在遇到的问题是在我安装Ubuntu18.04的系统后(工作所需必须是ubuntu18.04的系统)我的HDMI不能正常输出(这个能忍受),但是我的屏幕一直以“最亮”的状态显示,长时间实用它后我的眼睛非常疲劳,我更担心的是对眼睛都伤害。希望能AMD团队能够帮我解决遇到的问题,感谢!

我的系统属性:

内核版本:5.4.0-150-generic

NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="18.04.6 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS"
VERSION_ID="18.04"

VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 1636 (rev d1)

AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 4750U Drivers & Support

0 Likes