cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mzamora87cr
Journeyman III

ryzen 1400 - Cache L1 size

Hello I have a Ryzen 1400, on site it says it has 384K on L1 Cache, but my BIOS is reporting on 128K. My system is not able to boot, can this be related?

6 Replies

It would be useful to know your Computer's hardware Make & Model and software versions for Windows and GPU card.

When did you start having this issue with your Processor as soon as you installed it for the first time or did it work normally before it stopped booting up?

If this is a first time build make sure you have the correct BIOS version installed for your Processor to be recognized and to be able to boot up.

Also check to see if you have a newer BIOS version to update to.

It was working fine, just stopped to work. The computer started to reset automatically and now I only have errors about memory on Windows and Kernel Panic on Linux, but RAM is OK, I already tested it on other system.

Okay since you have linux install I really can't be much of an assistance since I am not very familiar with linux and how to troubleshoot using that OS.

The only thing I can say is did you do any updates of drivers or hardware or added any hardware before all this started?

If you purchased your Ryzen processor from a Retailer then you have a 3 year Warranty from AMD from date of purchase.

Open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) - Warranty and see if they believe the processor is faulty or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Have you tried reseting the bios defaults?

Also do you know if you distro had a kernel update in the time frame this issue appeared. You might want to ask this in a forum for your distro too.