cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

amd rx 570 no apaga monitor

hola, buen dia, desde junio, mas exactamente desde la ultima actualizacion de windows 10, en junio del 2020, la pantalla del monitor no se apaga , despues del tiempo que le asigno, ni se suspende automaticamente , si si lo hago manual, he reistalado tres veces el SO, y lo empieza a hacer despues de instalar el drivers de AMD, si tiene idea que podria estar sucediendo se lo agradeceria, desde ya muchas gracias.

Cristian

Hello, good morning, since June, more exactly since the last update of Windows 10, in June 2020, the monitor screen does not turn off, after the time I assign, nor does it automatically suspend, if I do it manually, I have re-listed the OS three times, and starts doing it after installing the AMD drivers, if you have any idea that it could be happening, I would appreciate it, thank you very much.  Cristian
1 Solution

Sleep issues can be very hard to figure out as often it can be a conflict in any other driver, software or even hardware plugged into your computer.

A couple additional things you might try are create a new user account on your machine for yourself and see if under that account you still have issues. Corrupt user accounts can cause a lot of different issues. 

Next think if you installed any other software, updates or hardware at the time this started happening.

Also unplug any peripherals you have other than mouse and keyboard and see if that helps. USB peripherals such as printers, webcams, scanners, game controllers, hard drives etc.. could all be interfering with sleep.

That brings us to the next step. You might want to if nothing above helps reinstall all your drivers for your devices. Make sure they are up to date. One Windows update can change things from working to not working with any driver in a second and it can be very tough to figure out. 

Lastly if none of this helps you may just want to reload Windows. I keep a spare hard drive at home for such testing if you have one lying about, you could install a fresh installation to it and see if that then works, without losing you current install if it does not.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

What version of Windows? If it is Windows 2004 and you forced it to install instead of waiting until Windows Update offered it as an install that may be your issue. 

If you have another version please give you hardware specs, OS version and AMD driver you are trying to get working.

hello, thank you very much for the answer, to force the version of windows 10 to 2004, is to update and install? If so, is what I have done, I have windows 10 Pro version 2004, and finally, what should I do ?, from thanks very much

No what I was saying is that if that is what you have done that could be the issue. If windows update wasn't showing you the update as being available, if you had to then force the update. Something in your configuration, maybe several things, Microsoft felt your system is not ready for the update. Microsoft has a big list of reasons it will not offer the 2004 update.  

Regardless it is fine. Let's move forward then and see if we can get this working for you.

Download the 20.7.2 AMD driver but don't install it. In fact get everything you need from the following notes. 

Check your monitors webpage for a driver specifically for your monitor. Often they exist but people don't know they should load that driver. So have it ready to install later too. 

Disconnect from the internet. 

First RUN DDU from wagnardsoft.com, you run this from safe mode, just follow the included directions.

Leave the graphics driver uninstalled for the moment. 

Now let's reset your power and sleep settings. See this page on how to do this. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/43774-reset-restore-power-plans-default-settings-windows-10-a.ht... 

Once you have that back to defaults restart Windows. 

Then when you are restarted, with the Internet still disconnected.

Install the monitor driver.

Install the AMD driver with the reset option.

----------

Hopefully at this point it will be working right. 

If you are still having issues at this point it is time to defer you AMD support:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

excellent explanation, tomorrow I proceed to carry out all the steps that you have indicated, from now on I am very grateful to you, I download the latest version that is optional and I save it, then I follow all the steps that I indicate, on Thursday I tell you, excuse me if I write poorly, I do not know English and I am working with the google translator, a greeting and very grateful, I comment that this is the only problem. the plate works very well, without any problem
pastedImage_1.png
0 Likes

Hi, I have done everything they told me, and it does not turn off the monitor, then uninstall the AMD drivers completely from the PC and leave only the basic Windows one, and the screen does not turn off, in conclusion, the AMD drivers, no It is the one that brings me problems, I will keep looking for another controller, since I am very grateful for your attention, and I send you a very big greeting and Thank you!
0 Likes

Sleep issues can be very hard to figure out as often it can be a conflict in any other driver, software or even hardware plugged into your computer.

A couple additional things you might try are create a new user account on your machine for yourself and see if under that account you still have issues. Corrupt user accounts can cause a lot of different issues. 

Next think if you installed any other software, updates or hardware at the time this started happening.

Also unplug any peripherals you have other than mouse and keyboard and see if that helps. USB peripherals such as printers, webcams, scanners, game controllers, hard drives etc.. could all be interfering with sleep.

That brings us to the next step. You might want to if nothing above helps reinstall all your drivers for your devices. Make sure they are up to date. One Windows update can change things from working to not working with any driver in a second and it can be very tough to figure out. 

Lastly if none of this helps you may just want to reload Windows. I keep a spare hard drive at home for such testing if you have one lying about, you could install a fresh installation to it and see if that then works, without losing you current install if it does not.

Good Luck!

BIOS updates can also help. I noticed a new final H8 BIOS for my MSI X570 surfaced yesterday.

Make sure the latest video card drivers are also installed

Install all windows updates

Very true, thanks, making sure the Bios is up-to-date is important. As any other change as I already pointed out can require updates in other areas. That is a big on so very worth specifically pointing out. 

great, thank you very much everyone, if I think about that, some peripherals or drivers must be malfunctioning, I have thrustmaster drivers ,, and Steam, I installed several things, I will also check my dred adapter, in the configuration of energy, the Bios is updated to the latest version, after trying all this, I warn you, but I am more convinced to install another version of windows 10, or the home or the company, thank you very much

Hello friends, I found the problem, it is a G27 pedalboard controller, I have followed the steps, to disconnect all the peripherals except the mouse and keyboard, and there the problem arose, if I do not connect the controller, the monitor and the suspension work correctly , I thank you very much for your help, without it I would not have discovered the problem, I send you a very big greeting from Argentina, and I ask you again to apologize for my prayers, since I use the google translator, THANK YOU FRIENDS!
0 Likes

pokester wrote:

What version of Windows? If it is Windows 2004 and you forced it to install instead of waiting until Windows Update offered it as an install that may be your issue. 

If you have another version please give you hardware specs, OS version and AMD driver you are trying to get working.

I installed Windows 10 v 2004 fresh as I had my new SSD available.

Windows 10 Pro version 2004, version del sistema operativo 19041.423  amd  readon version 20.4.2.0

very thankful
Cristian M Carreras
0 Likes

20.8.1 was released 2 days ago