cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kashmonyh
Newcomer

Display corruption / lag after installing driver

I reinstalled windows clean and installed new drivers through AMD radeon software. They not only changed nothing in regards to top of the display being off the screen but also gave me lag that happens randomly for random amounts of time. Are there older version I can download that will fix it? Or perhaps alternative versions of drivers that actually work?

0 Likes
6 Replies
mutantxdvd
Adept III

Um, what's your graphic card? and OS

0 Likes

Radeon RX 580 Series \ Windows 10

0 Likes

So you're using 20.7?

The way i install and uninstall drivers are like this. Msconfig click safeboot, control panel uninstall drivers, restart computer it will go into safe mode, use the amdunilityunity.exe app, restart back to normal desktop, install drivers. I never do a factory reset, ever. 

I have a RX 570, the newest drivers work just fine. But i usually use Enterprise pro drivers. the newest one is 20.q2.1.

But enterprise drivers worked just fine on my rx 570.   (I'm not using my 570 anymore atm, im using my new wx 7100). but this is recent gpu from the 570 when i was using it a few days ago)

570.gif

But try to method i use to install the drivers and see does it fix your issues.

0 Likes

What is  "amdunilityunity.exe app"? I googled it but only this thread came up

0 Likes

Sorry its called amdcleanuputility.exe  its in the driver package after you download them.

Download 20.7.2 its there. 

0 Likes

I tried doing what you said but loading seems to be taking a while so I left it overnight which didn't help since it saeems to be loading infinitely for me.

0 Likes