cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ASRock Pulls AMD Ryzen 4000 Support From DeskMini A300 Mini PC. Is AMD to blame?

Can there be any other explanation that Renoir, which was seen working without any issues on an A320 motherboard, was pulled other than AMD's orders?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asrock-pulls-amd-ryzen-4000-support-from-deskmini-a300-mini-pc

2 Replies

Well I know there were quite a few A300 boards initially that even had issue with Zen+ running right. Remember that was when the APUs came out to begin with. Fast forward a lot of A300 never got Zen 2 support either. Much of them because they really did have 2 key issues, bios even smaller than B350 and inferior VRMs. 

So maybe this was just something that was a mistake from the get go, or they had good intentions that just didn't pan out. It would be interesting to know if any user did use that new bios that has now been pulled and it did work just fine with those APU's.

Thanks for the share!

0 Likes

I got in with B350 which was a safer choice for my R5 2400G CPU. Later I got the X470 Gaming Plus which runs better with that processor.

The limited capacity of the BIOS has been a problem for everyone as it really limits what it can be used for. Socket AM4 has been hampered by the small BIOS chip.

X570 however moved to double the BIOS capacity so that it could handle more processors as well as other functions.

0 Likes