Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

anaxeoness
Journeyman III

black screen when installing drivers

Hey folks, 

yesterday I've run into a problem I can't seem to fix. I have older PC with specs below, and it has worked fine so far. Yesterday I had some spare time, so I wanted to try game Superhot which was free recently on Epic. Install was fine and when I started the game, I saw intro and then game stopped and my screen turned black.

I restarted the PC, but the screen was still black. (POSTed and started loading Win) So I tried to look for solutions. Obviously graphic drivers are the most probable cause. So I tried to remove drivers with DDU in safe mode - works just fine. After restart to normal mode I tried to instal latest drivers 20.7.2. But during the instalation the screen flickers (which is normal) and then just turns black, and I can't do anything. So I restart to safe mode, remove drivers, try to instal older version 20.4.2. Doesn't work either. I'm sad.

Later I reinstalled Windows, tried to install several versions of drivers, allways unplugged from the internet, none has worked so far. *E: I also disabled Windows Fast startup and Game mode according to some suggestions. 

Any ideas?

Specs:

VGA: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7850

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

SSD Intel 80GB for system and HDD WD Blue 1 TB for data

Win 10 Home 

0 Replies