cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omahaprogrammer
Journeyman III

AMD-RAIDXpert2 swap two arrays

I created two RAID arrays on my ASUS ROG Strix B550-F: one is a two-drive RAID-1 NVMe SSD array, the other is a four-drive RAID-10 HDD array. I installed my operating system in the NVMe array and I have the RAID-10 array as a storage drive.

I was researching adding a hot-spare and was perusing the AMD-RAIDXpert2 when I found a statement about needing to install the operating system on Array 1. But the AMD-RAIDXpert2 utility shows the NVMe array as Array 2. I think I created the HDD array first because I was having trouble getting the drives to show up because I didn't realize (until reading the manual) that some of the SATA ports are dead when a second NVMe SSD is present.

My computer is running fine in this configuration, but I feel that I need to configure my array correctly. If I swap Array 1 and Array 2, will it destroy the data on the arrays, forcing me to reinstall my operating system (again)?

Thanks for the help

0 Likes
3 Replies
omahaprogrammer
Journeyman III

I went into the BIOS and I didn't see any option to swap two arrays. Does this mean that I shouldn't bother? Or will there be a problem if I continue with my current configuration?

0 Likes

When windows craps out, if you need redundancy, get a NAS box and use that to backup stuff.

Windows file history can use a NAS

0 Likes

RAID was fine back when hard disks were small, today its obsolete

Steam etc can use more than one disk for storing games.

Use a fast SSD for the OS etc and a secondary for some games, hard disks for media and games not currently being played

0 Likes