cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

waldo252
Adept I

ProRender Activation error

Trying to activate ProRender in Linux Blender 2.82 and 2.9 the following error shows:pastedImage_1.png

Hence the ProRender cannot bei activated as addon to Blender. Though the libGl.so is on the system.

Any solution to this problem.
Many thanks

7 Replies
phlixfer
Journeyman III

This needs more attention! I've also been having this exact error while activating, too. Both on the latest beta and the latest stable.

0 Likes
caretaker
Elite

You have a driver installation issue. I`m guessing that you installed only OpenCL, you have to install vulkan version from amdgpu-pro, not just OpenCL.

Uninstall everything and reinstall the drivers with this command sudo ./amdgpu-pro-install -y --opencl=pal,legacy

This is because RPR code the addon with the amdgpu-pro drivers full and dont use the open ones. i`m not sure they even know that even if its been mentioned before

0 Likes

I too have this problem.  I installed the full AMDGPU-PRO stack using the command indicated [sudo ./amdgpu-pro-install -y --opencl=pal,legacy].  I am on Linux Mint 19.3

Here is the output of lspci and glxinfo [pastebin link]

And this is the output of the error message from Blender 2.83.6 :

Screenshot from 2020-09-14 15-22-38.png

Any hints would be appreciated!

Thx

0 Likes

Hmmm, that error is within the numpy library you have in python.... way deeper.  You might want to try updating numpy manually.

python3 -m pip install numpy --upgrade

from a terminal;

0 Likes

Thanks for the hint!  I tried the command and it said I don't even have the pip module.  Mayhaps I can upgrade numpy through apt?

Anyways, I'll go dig deeper regrading my python libraries.  Cheers.

0 Likes

Driver was installed as described in the instruction and as above shown.

My problem was solved by instaling the numpy.

Nevertheless, I had to find out that all Apps installed with flashpak didnt work anymore.

All that resultet in a kernal crash.

Evnetually switched to a new installation of Linux Mint 20.

System: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana, Kernel: 5.4.0-26-generic x86_64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AMD Vega 20 [Radeon VII] driver: amdgpu v: 5.6.5.20.30

1. installed the latest driver

2. install numpi

3. install apps, but NOT from flashpak

Now everything works (rendering is still not as fast as actually expected).

Regards

waldo

Thank you Waldo for sharing your experience!  Looks like I'll just have to upgrade to Mint 20 sooner than I had hoped (the list of reasons keeps getting longer).

Cheers,

-h

0 Likes