Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ronashman
Journeyman III

RX 5600 XT not coming back from sleep

Hi,

I have this new build and the pc doesn't come back from sleep. There will be no video (monitor shows the "no signal" message). And sometimes there will be a black screen. I can access remotely and restart it.

If it does come back, it will be laggy and screen will flash black from time to time until I restart.

This is a brand new build and a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 2004.

Mobo drivers are installed and up to date.

Connecting through hdmi port.

What I tried (in order):

- Memtest ram and it was ok (4 passes 0 errors)

- Run WD diagnostics tool and m2 ssd is ok

- Update uefi bios to latest version (P3.70)

- Uninstalled with DDU on safe mode

- Installed newest driver (20.7.2) instead of the recommended one

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X Pinnacle Ridge AM4 (1331)

Mobo: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0

Ram: 1 slot DDR4 16 GB Kingston

PSU: Gigabyte 750w 80 Plus Gold

0 Likes
3 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

Not something I have experienced in a long time since the first thing I always do when reinstalling windows is to disable all these features and just turn of the monitor or computer when I'm going AFK.

Here are some things you can try

The non-fix work around.

WIN+Ctrl+Shift+B will restart your graphics driver and should give you a picture again.

Disable Hibernation.

• Right click the start menu and select Power shell
  • Type powercfg -h off
  • Restart your computer.

Disable Fast Startup

• Click on your Start Menu and type “Power Options”, and open the first result.
  • Now click on “Choose what the power button does” on the left pane.
  • Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable” on the top of this page.
  • Scroll down until you find “Turn on Fast Startup” and uncheck it.
  • Now save the changes and close it, and restart your PC twice – doing it twice is the important bit.

Disable Sleep.

Not the ideal solution but if all else fails just disable sleep.

Nothing to do with the problem but running just one stick of RAM means your only using 1 memory channel so effectively running memory at half speed.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

I tried all three options and it seems like I still have that problem.

First I let it go to sleep by itself (set it to turn off monitor after 1 min and sleep after 2). If failed.

Then I did it again by putting it to sleep by going to start > power > sleep.

The screen started to flicker and sound turned off. I restarted 3 times and still failed.

Booted into safe mode, uninstalled, ran DDU, booted normal installed again recommend driver version (20.4.2).

Is there any way I can tell if this is a software or hardware issue? I know I'm not the only one with the problem and read some people had their gpu replaced.

If it's software I'll wait. If it's hardware I'll have it replaced but is there any way to tell?

Thanks again!

0 Likes

I also encountered the problem of a black screen (after, as I understand it, the display auto-shutdown due to inactivity/Sleep/Suspend), in which only a forced reboot helps ... as it turned out, the problem seems to be massive and is almost always solved by disabling ULPS (which helped me too), it turns out that there really is no official solution?

0 Likes