cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gmahir
Journeyman III

What is the Ram Capacity Limit on AMD Ryzen 7 Mobile CPU's?

Hello,

I'm searching for a Ryzen 7 laptop that supports or has 128 GB of RAM. But I've failed to do so. So I looked for an official answer on RAM capacity but I could only found some guesses and speculation. What is the RAM capacity limit for Ryzen 7 Mobile CPU's?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Found this tech site that mentions that the Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U supports a maximum of 64 Gbytes of RAM MEMORY: Ryzen 7 PRO 4750U - AMD - WikiChip 

The Ryzen 7 3700U supports only 32 Gbytes of RAM MEMORY: Ryzen 7 3700U - AMD - WikiChip 

Desktop Ryzens does support 128 gybtes of RAM MEMORY.

You are quick, thanks. That explains why I couldn't find any ryzen laptop that has 64GB or more ram. I wonder why they've chosen this way, while their competitor has been on 128GB band for couple of models before. Is it because of purely economical reasons or is there any technical limits?

0 Likes

Good question but one I am not qualified to answer.

You may want to ask that question to AMD Support from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

JEDEC DDR4 allows for up to 32GB per DIMM using 16 gigabit logic. Server memory may have 2 rows per side for 64GB DIMMs but desktop machines may support it if AMD is JEDEC compliant.