cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

silversurfer42
Journeyman III

Plugged my gpu out and back in, now my pc runs at double speed...

As stated in the title, I lent my gpu to a friend. Shut down my pc and took it off the net, took the gpu out of the rack, left it at that for 3 weeks. Still with the pc off, I plugged that good thing back in, started up windows, everything there was at double speed. Internet videos, timers, the system clock (resynced every few minutes, but ran at a bit above double speed).

Installed ubuntu because I was going to anyways, same thing there: system clock, videos, window animations, just everythings at double speed.

Sometimes weird things happen that might be related to synchronization or so, e.g. asking for root permission again after I granted it:

me@mypc:~$ sudo apt install inxi
[sudo] password for me:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Heres my gpu:

me@mypc:~$ lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Pitcairn XT [Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition]

I dont know where else to post this and am big time confused, thanks for any help and pointers!

0 Likes
0 Replies