Since some months now, while playing games which needs 100% of my GPU, my radeon driver crashes after around 20 - 30 minutes of gaming : I have a freeze of 1 or 2 seconds, followed by a flickering and then the W10 sound which annouce an error with the message "default wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure". The GPU temp is correct, up to 80°C max.
I already did the following tests :
- Change the RAM by others => it still crashed.
- Reset BIOS to factory => same thing.
- Uninstall completely the radeon drivers, and install the latest drivers => same thing.
- Reinstall completely W10 => same thing.
- Do a downclock of the GPU (from 1040mhz max to 900mhz max) => it could randomly crash after 1 or 2 hours of gaming, or it do not crash at all.
- Change the GPU by another one => no more crash (the other GPU was a 7850HD, not same frequency/voltage as the r9).
Is my GPU faulty or do you think it could come from my PSU, and how can I be sure (I haven't other PSU)? How can I limit even more these crashes without changing the GPU or PSU for now?
My hardware is :
- MOBO: MSI x370 xpower gaming titanium (updated to the latest non beta bios version)
- CPU: Ryzen 1800X
- GPU: MSI r9 390 gaming 8G
- PSU: Corsair CS850M 850W gold
Thank you in advance for your help