cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

warteam992
Journeyman III

My video card only shows 512 mb

I recently bought 16 gb ram for my computer. And after that when I turned on the computer, my graphics card showed only 512 mb. After that I removed 16 gb ram and re-installed 4 gb and the result was only 76 mb graphics card. Any solution?

0 Likes
7 Replies

If this is a Desktop AMD APU (Processor with Integrated R5 Graphics) you can enter BIOS and configure the R5 to have more than 512 Mbytes of vRAM Memory. Generally you can add up to a maximum of 2 Gbytes of vRAM Memory to your Integrated R5 but I see now in newer Motherboards you can add more than 2 Gbyte of vRAM Memory.

If this is a laptop, then it depends on the laptop's BIOS whether you can add more Integrated vRAM or not in BIOS Settings.

NOTE: If in UEFI/BIOS Settings the Integrated Graphics R5 is configured and set at 512 Mbytes, doesn't matter how much RAM Memory you add to your computer that is the Maximum vRAM Memory your R5 will use unless you enter BIOS and change the vRAM Memory setting from 512 Mbytes to 2 Gbytes of vRAM or more, if applicable.

There is no such option in my laptop BIOS settings or I could not find it. Please tell me how.

0 Likes

GPU-Z can tell what is present

0 Likes

Like I mentioned, If you have a laptop, some Laptops has that BIOS Setting while others don't.

Seems like your manufacturer of your laptop doesn't want you to increase the Integrated Graphics vRAM thus it is fixed.

You can try and see if there is a newer BIOS for your laptop that might include that Setting.

Best to open a Support ticket with your laptop manufacturer and see if your laptop is designed to have the integrated Graphics vRAM increased to a higher amount than 512 Mbytes.

Well, I still don't understand why it still shows 76 mb.

0 Likes

Do you have 4 or 16 gbytes of RAM Memory installed in your laptop?

Go through every BIOS settings that involves Graphics and see if it has anything to do with increasing the vRAM Memory.

Otherwise, contact your laptop manufacturer support.

0 Likes

what video card is installed

GPU-Z can identify the device and you can post it in the forum, it even has free hosting so you can post links all over the net

0 Likes