Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mrgame500
Journeyman III

Which graphic cards buy ?

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a RX 5000 graphic card, I still don't know if I will go with a 5600 XT or a 5700 XT, I wanted to play in 1080p at 144fps. 

But I'am a bit worried about all the black or whatever screen colours and all kinds of bugs people are experiencing with those card, which from what I understand comes from drivers issues.

So are you still experiencing these problems ? 

I had a R9 270X a long time ago and it have some drivers issues too with game crashes and PC restarting randomlly and I don't want to relive it.

Otherwise I wanted to go with a sapphire pulse or with a gigabyte model, are those fine or did I need to choose another one ? 

Thanks for you're help.

PS :

If you want to know the config that I will build it is :

R5 3600 or a R3 3300X

I don't know if I will buy a air cooler, I don't have trust in wartercooling AIO for the CPU I think I'll go with the one in the box first

B550 motherboard for the next gen of CPU, maybe a gigabyte elite 

16GB 3200MHz RAM (I don't know if it's worth it to go with 3600MHz)

256GB SATA SSD (I don't think that NVMe will be usefull for me)

2TB HDD 

650 W PSU gold 

For the case I don't know maybe one with a front in mech for better temperatures

Sorry if I make some spelling mistake english is not my mother tongue.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Honestly, wait until AMD's next generation of cards releasing in a few months. Not even the 5700XT can guarantee 1920x1080 144fps unless details are cut. Also by then the Ryzen 4000 series CPUs will be on the market which, by AMD's claims, will be up to 20% faster than the Ryzen 3000 series.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

I really want a PC to play, so I think I'll go with a solid base but the "cheapest" CPU and GPU so the ryzen 3 330X or maybe the 3100 and the 5600xt or even 5500xt. In France on an hardware retailer, you can sell back your coponent for 80% of the price you pay it so when the new components come out I can buy them.

But is there still issues with driver on the 5600xt or 5500xt ? 

0 Likes

Read through these forums and decide if you want to experience what other users of the 5+++xt series are going thru. In other word, no, don't buy one. Your decision though.

You've done the right thing by researching the card before you bought it. More people should be doing that.