cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

therealjar01
Journeyman III

My cpu gets really hot, (80 - 100c) with a cooler master cooler, but the cooler block isnt EVEN WARM (20c)

I have a 3600 and I overclocked to 4.3ghz, runs smooth, I have a cooler master Hyper 212 evo, I am getting temps of 80 - 90 c under load, but when i inspect the cooler, the cooler isn't even hot, the block sitting on the CPU is touchable, and is a comfortable temperature to touch?????? are my temp sensors wrong? I have applied all types of thermal paste and reseated the cooler several times to make it safely tight, I have no idea whats wrong

0 Likes
5 Replies

I use arctic mx-4, use a very very small amount and this should reduce your cpu temperature

99% use 10-100x too much

0 Likes

I am using corsair tm30, will applying to much make a large difference

0 Likes

very much so

0 Likes

You did remove the thin clear plastic protector from the CPU Cooler heat sink before installing it right?

Did you install correctly the brackets and Motherboard plate so that the heat sink is aligned correctly with the CPU surface?

The CPU Cooler surface is making a tight even seal with the CPU processor?

If the the CPU Cooler is making good contact and the Processor is reaching temperatures above 95C then the copper tubing from the heat sink should be warm to hot to the touch.

Here is a Youtube video showing how to install the Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO: YouTube 

In my opinion, if you ran the Processor at it default speed it probably wouldn't overheat or get so hot under heavy loads.

But since you are Overclocking, the CPU Cooler probably isn't strong enough to keep the processor cool.

For overclocking you should use a strong AIO Liquid CPU Cooler.

I have the same CPU Cooler as you do to keep cool my FX8350 processor.

The Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO has a TDP of 150 Watts.

0 Likes
roger40
Adept II

4.3ghz on a 3600? either you got top 0.1% 3600's or you are pushing to much Volts. whats your defined Volts in bios? Also, did you changed load line calibration in bios?

0 Likes