First of all, my build:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Radeon RX 480
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64 bit
  • Driver version installed
    •  Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 20.5.1 - Same issue occurs with 20.4.2, 20.4.1, 20.3.1.
  • Display Devices
    • LG 32Gk650F 2560 X 1440 144 Hz. Connected with Display Port to Display Port.
    • LG 22M38A 1920X1080 60 Hz. Connected with VGA to HDMI adaptor.
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte Technology Co. B250M-DS3H-CF, Bios Version American Megatrends Inc F2, 24/11/2016, SM BIOS Version 3.0
  • CPU/APU
    • i5-7500
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair CS 550 M, 550W 
  • RAM
    • 16 GB ( 2x4 gb, 1x8 gb)

Last night, both of my 2 screens started flickering with this snowy, static-like pattern, colours would stretch, artifacts were appearing. You can see in the attached screenshot, although in real time the pattern appeared more chequered.  

I've found through trial and error that uninstalling the Radeon RX 480 drivers & software resolves this issue on my main screen, but my secondary screen turns black. 

Reinstalling the driver restores the secondary screen, but also causes the flickering snow to resume too. 

I've tried reinstalling a few older versions, changed the refresh rate through the Windows display adaptor, cleaned old installs with DDU, and I've tried physically reinstalling the card itself after a good clean, but none have fixed the issue.

At this stage, I'm wondering if the graphics card itself has just burned out? I've seen some other threads online suggesting overheating can cause this, but I wasn't playing any games when the issue first started. Could it be a software issue instead?

Any insights/suggestions are much appreciated. 

0 Likes
0 Replies