cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hugof
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 6800 driver and I can't update to Windows 10 vr. 2004 because it says my AMD is incompatible. I use the last version Crimson Beta 16.2.1.

A have an AMD Radeon HD 6800. It works well, but sometimes some sw says that they can't access graphic hw. But i want update my Windows 10 vr. 1909 to vr. 2004, but Windows says that my AMD driver is incompatible. I use the last version Crimson Beta 16.2.1.

0 Likes
8 Replies

That's all there is..and will be. There are some things you might can try...is this a laptop? https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

0 Likes
hugof
Journeyman III

Hi, kingfish.

AMD Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Desktop

Operating System Windows 10 Pro vr. 1909, 64 bits

Driver installed: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1

Display devices: Monitor LED IPS 23" LG IPS236V, Resol. 1920x1080

Motherboard: DX58SO2, vr. AAG10925-205

CPU: Intel CORE I7-990X 3.46GHz, 6.4GT/s, 12MB LGA1366

Power Supply: Corsair GS700 de 700 Watt

RAM: 12 Gb

0 Likes

I have the same mother board and Intel says it does not meet the specs for Win10...that's just one of the reasons I stay with Win7.

0 Likes
hugof
Journeyman III

Hi, kingfish, I have installed Win10 when it was released, and I use it in my motherboard all these years without problems. Only the last 4 or 5 months, I had have problems with some sw that can't access my graphics hw. And only this month I can't actualize my Win10 Pro from 1.909 to vr. 2004. These are my problems.

And I suggest you to migrate to Win10; it is more secure than Win7.

0 Likes

The HD 6000 series are older so the driver on windows update is about as best you are can get

my suggestion, find a more recent card such as a RX 470 which is low cost and substantially more powerful

0 Likes
hugof
Journeyman III

Hi, hardcoregames.

Thanks your valuable suggestion. I will do something like this. But in the meanwhile, maybe I may attend an eventual update. Microsoft seems working in it: Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information | Microsoft ... 

What you think about?

0 Likes

hugof wrote:

Hi, hardcoregames.

Thanks your valuable suggestion. I will do something like this. But in the meanwhile, maybe I may attend an eventual update. Microsoft seems working in it: Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 - Windows Release Information | Microsoft ... 

What you think about?

Lots of problems with dinosaur hardware, modernize your video card

hugof
Journeyman III

OK. I will do it. Thanks. You may close this ticket.

0 Likes